20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
What !! , I think you’re kidding ?
Nope! They used to feed us the mushroom burger patties at my previous job. The colors were interesting. Ill say that much.
 
That is a very true statement! Here in NC we might be a little better prepared than you guys for bad winters but not as well prepared as the more northern states.
We keep powdered milk, dry goods, generator to power the house and extra things for boredom even. Bottled water is a must.
 
Good Morning Peeps!

question, yesterday I bought frozen mysis cubes. just remembered they are still in the car. popped them in the freezer. would you still use these or do they go to the trash? it was 22 hours in a insulated bag but yes. no longer frozen.
If it was still really cold then keep it. I looked this up a year ago. Kept the cold stuff and tossed the rest. No loses.
 
We keep powdered milk, dry goods, generator to power the house and extra things for boredom even. Bottled water is a must.
I keep what we call a hurricane stash, hurricane Michael knocked my power out for about 2 days. i am prepared now, have generators dedicated to keep freezer and fridge and more going for about a week as it stands . we have the dried and canned goods also. I have plenty of gas burners thanks to my low country boiling and deep fried turkey hobbies
 
The mushrooms would be the only thing I would eat ? And maybe the carrots and potatoes ! . I just can’t see myself eating that crud . Sorry to disappoint .
News flash. Neither would I . There’s a time and place for tofu even with me who likes it. I want big ol juicy real bird every time.
 
We keep powdered milk, dry goods, generator to power the house and extra things for boredom even. Bottled water is a must.
Good afternoon Shelley! I won’t touch powdered milk. I think it’s cruel to keep the cows so dehydrated that when they milk them only powder comes out of their utters. 🤪
 
I keep what we call a hurricane stash, hurricane Michael knocked my power out for about 2 days. i am prepared now, have generators dedicated to keep freezer and fridge and more going for about a week as it stands . we have the dried and canned goods also. I have plenty of gas burners thanks to my low country boiling and deep fried turkey hobbies
Great back ups there. We recently bought some military meals ready to eat. And make a lot of mixes for meals. Also solar panels for day time. We were in the Ice Storm in Spokane Wa several decades ago for a few weeks. That was an eye opener.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new