20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Last edited:
Very nice . I love free things. Be excited. I have no idea about the lights. But the MP40 are great. I like to use the sponge type of covers. Also bought clear cord holders to stick on my tank to help keep them from falling accidentally. I use 2. Do not want them to fall.

Congratulations
I have 1 mp40, now i'll have 2, as well as the 2 orcas for my 200. I think flow is going to be dialed. Lighting is a bit of a hodge podge as I currently have like 3 or 4 manufacturers. Only one or 2 high end lights, then some Chinese chinesium lights. Like Nicrews and viparspectra. I have considered... a little satellite tank plumbed into my main display for a clam and some acros as my copperband will be going to the 200 and I know he'll eat my clam if I get one. Figure the radion would be perfect for that. Plus I could have frags in both tanks and compare coloration effects based on light spectrum with identical water chemistry
 
Today I picked up 2 table tops from a great hamburger restaurant that closed. Loved that place. Not free, but $60 for both. I also am very excited.
And tomorrow I will pick up an old menu!



IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg
Thats sweet! I love that kind of stuff. My cousin scored a really nice pair of Triumph, and Honda powers ports signs awhile back and has them mounted in his garage. They're freakin sweet!
 
Congrats on the win!
Thank you very much! I'm still paranoid i'm gonna get an email saying something like "sorry to say, there was a double draw earlier and we have to give it to the first person we drew and unfortunately it wasnt you" 😂
 
Thank you very much! I'm still paranoid i'm gonna get an email saying something like "sorry to say, there was a double draw earlier and we have to give it to the first person we drew and unfortunately it wasnt you" 😂
Good morning Mike!
Mike GIF by KONAMI
 
Well that one hit me right in the Dad heart. First fright bc you said NICU, but it sounds like the little lady is healthy and loud enough to keep you awake! Being a Dad is so many things, but Awesome is exactly the first word that comes to my mind.

Sorry about your corals Mike. No matter what else is going on, that's a bummer. However, you just helped create your future reefing buddy! I can't wait to see what you guys pull of in the future together.
thanks dude, sorry for the late reply. I have already shown her the tank, I can't wait until she is my helper!
 
Thats sweet! I love that kind of stuff. My cousin scored a really nice pair of Triumph, and Honda powers ports signs awhile back and has them mounted in his garage. They're freakin sweet!
Hi Mike !
 
I make homemade with cheddar cheese. If I have to eat box macaroni, I get Annie’s Shells and cheese with white cheddar.
Homemade is best and there are some good frozen, bagged, and boxed mac & cheeses but there is something both nostalgic and weirdly satisfying about Kraft mac & cheese. I pretty much lived on it during my early work years: one box mac & cheese, half can of peas, one slice of SPAM cubed = dinner.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new