20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
And good morning y'all and happy Saturday 😊
Enjoy the day, wherever you are and whatever you do!
Peace ✌️
Good night Joel! And also y'all Smorgsters!
 
It's a badvideo. But still shows Pumba the pyramid in his forever home at the clinics tank
My best viewing of him so far! Way to go Shelley. You saved that guy's life, no doubt.
 
I did a 5 gallon NSW swap today. Everything already looked great, but this shot of "Crack water" gave the corals and fish a boost of life!

This pic sux, but the dendros are always out now!

Screenshot_20261004_015048_Gallery.jpg
20261003_184500.jpg
20261003_174113.jpg
20261002_161715.jpg
Screenshot_20261001_235548_Gallery.jpg
 
I did a 5 gallon NSW swap today. Everything already looked great, but this shot of "Crack water" gave the corals and fish a boost of life!

This pic sux, but the dendros are always out now!

Screenshot_20261004_015048_Gallery.jpg
20261003_184500.jpg
20261003_174113.jpg
20261002_161715.jpg
Screenshot_20261001_235548_Gallery.jpg
Looks great John !
 
Looks great John !
Thanks Steve! I haven't been posting as many pics since the Aiptasia-GHA Wars of 2026, but seeing you post often after your move has inspired me to do so. Things are looking better than ever as far as existing corals and the reef itself.
 
Thanks Steve! I haven't been posting as many pics since the Aiptasia-GHA Wars of 2026, but seeing you post often after your move has inspired me to do so. Things are looking better than ever as far as existing corals and the reef itself.
Ya, mine is looking much better and I go some good advice on flow patterning from Adam at PetCo. He noted that my flow was really low and I’m working on that. I’m also trying to up the lights again, slowly. The big Goni is apparently not very happy where it is on the rock in front. If thing don’t change soon I’m going to try another spot , probably on the edge and on the sand.
I also ordered another batch of copepods from marketplace. Trying to get the biology of the tank more vibrant. Ice been adding the Microbacter 7 weekly as well and when I remember I add phyto nightly.
After almost 4 days I still have all my Peppermints so I’m assuming Mantis died before making trip to new location.
 
Last edited:
Ya, mine is looking much better and I go some good advice on flow patterning from Adam at PetCo. He noted that my flow was really low and I’m working on that. I’m also trying to up the lights again, slowly. The big Goni is apparently not very happy where it is on the rock in front. If thing don’t change soon I’m going to try another spot , probably on the edge and on the sand.
I also ordered another batch of copepods from marketplace. Trying to get the biology of the tank more vibrant. Ice been adding the Microbacter 7 weekly as well and when I remember I add phyto ni
ghtly.
After almost 4 days I still have all my Peppermints so I’m assuming Mantis died before making trip to new location.
I meant to ask you what you thought about that pod seller. Im looking for a robust culture to start raising for all 3 tanks.

Flow is so much more important than aesthetics. It is more critical to filtration, Ph, and nutrient delivery/export than almost anything.

Look at @Rocks reef 's tank. He beats the living daylights out of his corals was with flow, and I've never seen anything like the flesh band he has in his euphyllia and the extension and color of his gonis.
 
I meant to ask you what you thought about that pod seller. Im looking for a robust culture to start raising for all 3 tanks.

Flow is so much more important than aesthetics. It is more critical to filtration, Ph, and nutrient delivery/export than almost anything.

Look at @Rocks reef 's tank. He beats the living daylights out of his corals was with flow, and I've never seen anything like the flesh band he has in his euphyllia and the extension and color of his gonis.
I hear you there ok the flow . I wasn’t afraid to have strong flow in the larger tanks, not sure why I’m being so cautious now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new