20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I am glad you like them.
You didn’t post a pic of the Strats though.
I've been having enough the hermits off of them since I put them in the tank. I haven't been able to get a good shot of them. And the lights are about to go off. Will definitely post pics in the morning!

In case these guys got overlooked, I am absolutely in love with these zoas!

20261006_201726.jpg
 
Looking for someone crazy enough to add ammonia to their tank with me!
ME! I am here.
Happy birthday Shelley!

Good morning everyone. Still not feeling good and running a fever. I'm hoping another day of rest and sleep like yesterday will help. Happy late birthday @cdemoss01 and congrats on the awesome win! I took some meds and an heading back to bed. Hugs to you all.

Happy Birthday Shelley
Thanks everyone.
 
Tim’s been doing this for a while now . Ask him if there’s any questions and please share info .
I have used it for years whenever my nitrates drop. @Randy Holmes-Farley did a write with it mentioned I believe. The corals can use it easier.
 
So… John is supposed to be receiving a box of special collection Rocks Reef corals…
I don’t know who’s more excited, him or I.
You could send me a box of special corals. Then I know you would be excited. 😊
 
I'm floored. Sch 80 is rated for some pressure for sure. I would be a dead man walking if brought this home. 😂 one man.... one tank..... one mushroom.....alone forever.... glowbump grow out tank?
This would be me. But my fish would love me.
 
Oops tagged the wrong person. I really should stay off line when I'm not feeling well. Lol
I knew you meant me. And I have gotten migraines since I was in grade school. They make me do really strange things!
 
I think I recall him calling us all bots and losers and signed off. Which is so wrong because we aren’t bots! 😉
So was the comments directed at the smorgs or reef2reef? I for one am not a bot. No siree
 
So was the comments directed at the smorgs or reef2reef? I for one am not a bot. No siree
Yes it was strange, we all welcomed him!
 
So was the comments directed at the smorgs or reef2reef? I for one am not a bot. No siree
Sounds like I dodged some ugliness. All the people I’ve met on this thread have been people that I’m happy to call friend and would love meet in person.
 
I got my box of free corals from Rock! Ill go ahead and tell you that this fellows corals are different.... The crazy sinularia he gave me hit the sandbed and is at least as bright as my candy canes! Ive never seen a stratosphere or utter chaos zoa in person before and im stunned at how gorgeous they are. Everything is still mad so I'll get better pics tomorrow.

Thanks Rock for such a kind and generous gesture. It's an honor to have part of your reef in my tank!

20261006_180759.jpg
20261006_180751.jpg
20261006_172406.jpg
20261006_165459.jpg
Pretty!
off to delve into fantasy lands for Tuesday Night D&D. I’ll be on later when and if I survive a Kabuki play….
Have a great game
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new