20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Pretty!

Have a great game
It was a good night. Typical weirdness ensued and ended up in combat with trees made up of glass.
 
It was a good night. Typical weirdness ensued and ended up in combat with trees made up of glass.
I am the oldest and only female that plays DND in our group. I play because I enjoy their company. And I get to be a huge Barbarian!
 
Last edited:
Well tragedy diverted. Was headed to bed after a long day tweaking the cabinets. We wanted them done right. Walked past my smaller tanks on way to bed. I noticed my 16-17 year olds clownfish's tank was about 4-5 gallons low! I top them off manually every morning. Water was on the floor. Behind the tanks that are side by side. The HOB filter was leaking water! Yikes. 😟

Quickly called for Rocky to help. I unplugged the filter. He took it to the sink to check it out. Clogged. Since the 20 gallon was now low I pulled it out away from the wall. Started getting the water up. Pulled everything up I could. Small rugs were saturated.
Was able to top off their tank from a quarantine tank I had set up recently. So that was a plus. Threw towels and rugs in wash. Refilled the quarantine tank.
Will finish going through everything in the morning. These are my oldest fish.
Now on the hunt for a new tank. Planning on putting everything from the 40 and 20 together in one tank. No HOB anything. Looking for a foot print similar to the 40 breeder. Only a little longer.
 
I am the oldest and only female that plays DND in our group. I play because I enjoy their company. And I get to ne a huge Barbarian!
I'm the oldest in my group, been playing off and on since 1978.
been with this group for about 13 yrs. Right now playing half elf Water Cleric.
 
I'm the oldest in my group, been playing off and on since 1978.
been with this group for about 13 yrs. Right now playing half elf Water Cleric.
You have a lot more experience than I do. I played back in 81. Then moved and only recently started back up 2 years ago.
 
Well tragedy diverted. Was headed to bed after a long day tweaking the cabinets. We wanted them done right. Walked past my smaller tanks on way to bed. I noticed my 16-17 year olds clownfish's tank was about 4-5 gallons low! I top them off manually every morning. Water was on the floor. Behind the tanks that are side by side. The HOB filter was leaking water! Yikes. 😟

Quickly called for Rocky to help. I unplugged the filter. He took it to the sink to check it out. Clogged. Since the 20 gallon was now low I pulled it out away from the wall. Started getting the water up. Pulled everything up I could. Small rugs were saturated.
Was able to top off their tank from a quarantine tank I had set up recently. So that was a plus. Threw towels and rugs in wash. Refilled the quarantine tank.
Will finish going through everything in the morning. These are my oldest fish.
Now on the hunt for a new tank. Planning on putting everything from the 40 and 20 together in one tank. No HOB anything. Looking for a foot print similar to the 40 breeder. Only a little longer.
What about 50 gallon? IM has the AIO 50 that would be my choice if room and budget allowed.
 
Hope everyone is hangin' in and holding fast.

My solo post tonight.


As you know I will be tank hunting. I am so ocd it will take me awhile. Not a fan of the softer glass either. I look at it and scratches appear!
 
What about 50 gallon? IM has the AIO 50 that would be my choice if room and budget allowed.
I will look. Size is more of a constraint than budget at this time. I hope my jawfish doesn't disown me when I destroy his home. New lights will be fun to look into. Must be able to keep my crocea happy. It has doubled since I got it years ago
 
I will look. Size is more of a constraint than budget at this time. I hope my jawfish doesn't disown me when I destroy his home. New lights will be fun to look into. Must be able to keep my crocea happy. It has doubled since I got it years ago

Not bad. Will keep it in mind. I like the cabin space to keep tools neat.
Highly recommend RB Meridian or ReeFi for lights. I am by my own admission an IM fanboy as most of the tanks I've had were
IM AIO models. SR60 is one I'd recommend having had ine before. This the one i had, 36"L x 24"D x 16.5 H
IMG_0409.jpeg
 
What about 50 gallon? IM has the AIO 50 that would be my choice if room and budget allowed.
Cade also looks good. Will get on the computer and lok in the morning. I am beat and my eyes keep slamming ****.

Night Steve
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new