20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Good afternoon smorgasbord! We decided to head down to the Gulf and check out the storm.






Screenshot_20261009_134021_Gallery.jpg





What better time to collect a little tank juice from the Gulf than during a water churning Tropical water change?!

Screenshot_20261009_134056_Gallery.jpg



😆 🤞 😬


3 to 5 feet but I live almost a mile from the beach. We're put playing in this 🤣
Im thinking about going back to the house to get my fishing gear
Okay stay back from there during storms. I can't really get after you much. We were 50 miles from St. Helens when she blew. We drove up as close as they would let us a week earlier. Duh!🙄
 
I was looking for another fish or two to quarantine for the vet clinics tank. A guy from Buffalo Wy. asked at our local PetCo if they knew anyone who wanted a blue tang, clean up crew and sand sifting starfish. Tang is only 3.5" now. I reached out to him. We hit it off pretty quickly. He is going to drive back this way tomorrow and bring them to me. Another gal is taking the rest of the fish.

He was excited to hear his little buddy had a 300 gallon tank in his future. I will put him in the tank the pyramid just vacated for observation. He had added a flame angel 2 months ago. Just taking precautions.

Pretty excited. 😊 The clinics tank is going to be so fun. One tang and done for this tank. Not enough caves for more.
 
This all sounds investigating worthy. But I can't make out who you two are discussing. Help me out please.
I have$100 GC to SPSTank
 
Tom is right. Share more Amanda. I love fresh water. Which is why my tanks have mollies in them.
Shelley have you ever tried acclimating the mollies to saltwater? Im pretty sure you said you have. How difficult is it, and would you recommend them with corals?
 
Okay stay back from there during storms. I can't really get after you much. We were 50 miles from St. Helens when she blew. We drove up as close as they would let us a week earlier. Duh!🙄
My kind of people!
 
I was looking for another fish or two to quarantine for the vet clinics tank. A guy from Buffalo Wy. asked at our local PetCo if they knew anyone who wanted a blue tang, clean up crew and sand sifting starfish. Tang is only 3.5" now. I reached out to him. We hit it off pretty quickly. He is going to drive back this way tomorrow and bring them to me. Another gal is taking the rest of the fish.

He was excited to hear his little buddy had a 300 gallon tank in his future. I will put him in the tank the pyramid just vacated for observation. He had added a flame angel 2 months ago. Just taking precautions.

Pretty excited. 😊 The clinics tank is going to be so fun. One tang and done for this tank. Not enough caves for more.
Load us up with the pics!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new