20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
We've never taken many pictures of us. It was the oldest photo of us I could find. But the cars were nice.
I forgot about the Mitsubishi 3000GT which was basically what the Dodge Stealth was.
 
My story: I met my wife at 12. We started dating at 13 (the night she broke up with her boyfriend). Long story - she asked me if I would date her if she didn't have a boyfriend and I said yeah. A week or two later she called me crying that she and her boyfriend broke up and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with her family for her grandma's birthday. After dinner, "Remember you said you'd date me if I didn't have a boyfriend? Do you have something to ask me?"

Dated for 7 years, married for 25. Junior High, High School, College.

3326.jpg
Another great story!!!
 
Hi everyone. Hit the bed early. Woke a little while ago, and now that I’ve caught up, ready to try to sleep again.
I’ll add a bit to my story and just say sometimes life is serendipitous and makes clear what is meant to be apparently. Back in summer of 1987 I went on vacation with my folks to Vermont. Since I only had a week off my plan was to ride back on my bike to home in Brighton at the time. So I got dropped off in Brattleboro in the morning and headed home. I went thru Lexington on my way home and unbeknownst to me I had gotten within a stones throw of where my future wife was living as I found out the next year. How I actually met her- she was working agency work and was hired to cover the vacation of one of my coworkers. The icebreaker was she found out I was a crazy cyclist and asked what bike she should get . After that we just clicked and when I went to her place for the first time found out how close I had been on my ride home the previous year.
Love it!
 
Amanda,

These are for you. There’s 10 RFAs in my tank. One I named Phoenix because it loves the light. It crawled to the highest point amongst some SPS and hasn’t moved since the day it arrived. She, all my corals are “she’s”, sits in 400+ PAR for 5 hours during peak light. She’s also grown the largest so far.
The last three I was trying to show Phoenix and where she decided home is. The last pic is across 4 feet of tank since she’s hard to photograph where she is.
IMG_2234.jpeg
IMG_2235.jpeg
IMG_2236.jpeg
IMG_2237.jpeg
Oh my gosh I love them all!!!
 
Okay.

We met a little while after I moved to Massachusetts to teach computers in the late 70s. I saw her in a hallway and it was all over. I was offered a job overseas and took it. We reconnected in the early 90s and have been together since.

Here we are in 93 or maybe 94:
T_D-90s.jpg


and here we are a few years ago at OdySea (a local aquarium).

image_204223162.jpg
Love it!!!
 
I am guessing you made it out the other side all good? Do you have a standby generator or portable? I just snagged a pretty nice 6K dual fuel inverter for 450 bucks...it was a pricing error at walmart ha
Yeah everything was fine brother. I do have a back up generator and some battery powered pumps just in case.
 
I forgot about the Mitsubishi 3000GT which was basically what the Dodge Stealth was.
That was the first one I thought of from your comments. The early 90s Japanese turbos were really good cars. I also had an 89 Probe GT which was Mazda under the badge. I didn't drive Dianne's car very often but when I did, it always impressed me. I had a friend with an RX-7 it was pretty sweet as well.
 
Yes he is that kind of guy just like I'm that kind of gal. We both love helping people when we can. He's truly one of my biggest blessings in life. We both had given up on finding love and where just looking for someone to hang out with when a mutual friend introduced us. I told myself I never wanted to love someone so completely like my momma and daddy loved each other because I seen what it did to her when she lost her other half. But then I found him and I honestly don't know what I will do if he goes before I do. We met in 2016 got married in 2017 and he's my world.
Love this! A great start to the day for sure!
 
My story: I met my wife at 12. We started dating at 13 (the night she broke up with her boyfriend). Long story - she asked me if I would date her if she didn't have a boyfriend and I said yeah. A week or two later she called me crying that she and her boyfriend broke up and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with her family for her grandma's birthday. After dinner, "Remember you said you'd date me if I didn't have a boyfriend? Do you have something to ask me?"

Dated for 7 years, married for 25. Junior High, High School, College.

3326.jpg
Beautiful, and awesome stuff brother. You have a great looking family my friend, and as we say down South. "She's got her a real one in you"!
 
My hats off to you my friend!!
Thank you for sharing this!
Side note, my wife said we look like brothers!
I told her we are!!
Sorry she insulted you so early in the day Rock! 😆
You bet we are bro!
March Madness Fist Bump GIF by Buick
 
Smorg,

I want to thank those who posted their story after I posted mine.
I knew this “family” was a special group.
This reinforces that I am proud and honored to have gotten to know all of you through our banter.
Have a great day Smorgs, each and everyone of you are special to me even though we’ve never met.
The positivity over the last few hours has been awesome to see. All of you being happy makes me joyous this afternoon!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new