1...2.....now 3

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aptasia has found it's way in my DT somehow. I've spotted 3 now and 2 are in locations where the base of the aptasia it under a rock and I cannot reach. I will try hot water to kill the one that is reachable. I've shot them all 4-5 times with Aptasia X and it's not killing them. They seem to take the bait, retract with the Aptasia X but then a day later, they open up again and seem to grow from this crap.

I'm thinking Peppermint Shrimp first then Nudi if Shrimp doesn't work. I hate shrimp because they steal corals food and trample all over them. If I add one to eat the Aptasia, how do you suggest me getting the shrimp out after it eats the Aptasia?

Thank you

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had luck with pickling lime paste, and putting a glob of putty or superglue over their hole once you get them to retract.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrimp are not shy and are very easy to trap.
I have had limited luck with aiptasia x, but I used one of the majano wands with success and roasting the aiptasia is also super satisfying.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I've had a few peppermint shrimp in my tank and they have been super shy. Barely ever saw them. One ate all the aiptasia in my tank, then died later. The next I added after the aiptasia came back, it just hides under the same rock for months, not eating any of them, but is growing bigger.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 110 43.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 121 47.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.1%
Back