1.25" Acrylic - Powerhead needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter nyc_love
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nyc_love

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
19
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, my tank has 1.25" acrylic and I need to get a second powerhead to increase the flow in the tank. I currently have a Maxspect Gyre 280 and I was just going to get a second one but they have discontinued it :crying-face: I don't see any other options that can support 1.25" thick acrylic. Does anyone have any recommendations for ones that do? If there aren't any that do (I sure hope there are), does anyone know if there is any sort of a "magnet booster" for a powerhead that is rated up to 1" that I could somehow use? Thank you!
 
Just stack extra magnet
Two identical disc or block magnets stacked together are almost twice as strong as one magnet as long as the thickness of the stack does not exceed the width/diameter of the stack.
 
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have an example of the disc/block magnet I can purchase? I want to make sure I order the correct one. Thank you!
 
Bumping the thread, looking for same, except I have 2" thick acrylic.

Alternatively, if someone has recommendations for internal powerheads, all ears :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new