$1,300 Helfrichi Firefish on Live Aquaria...thoughts?

veselym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The deep water is nice but I would never spend that on a fish, especially a firefish and who knows if it will even live long in captivity being from deeper waters

OP
OP
T

tjgr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I'm in for a couple of frags. I'll give 'bout $350 if I can get one pectoral fin and half of the dorsal spine.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's one of few fish I think is worth the extra $.

This morph is a good twice the size of the common helfrichi...........it's monster size. The visual impact is much more impressive.

For those that have seen large scissortail or zebras in the 4" range you'll know what I mean.

I'm also the kind of guy that doesn't mind paying more for one versus buying say 4 fish for 300 each.

The only thing that would hold me back is longevity....................it would have to live 10-20 years. I don't think dartfish live that long.

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's one of few fish I think is worth the extra $.

This morph is a good twice the size of the common helfrichi...........it's monster size. The visual impact is much more impressive.

For those that have seen large scissortail or zebras in the 4" range you'll know what I mean.

I'm also the kind of guy that doesn't mind paying more for one versus buying say 4 fish for 300 each.

The only thing that would hold me back is longevity....................it would have to live 10-20 years. I don't think dartfish live that long.

I didn't know they were larger! I'm the same way. I look at a gem tang. Sure its 2500 but thats only like 200 a year tops for a cool fish.

bigjgmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, LiveAquaria.com has a "Deepwater Polynesian Helfrichi Firefish" listed at $1,299.99. I'm curious about R2R's thoughts on the fish, its price, and whatever else you can work into your comment. Don't forget, orders above $225 receive free shipping.:xd:
Agree with the general comments on the thread. I have the “regular” variety and paid $309. $1,100 is too rich for my blood.

Chueco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I like the standard version better than the deepwater. Has anyone seen one in person?
5AEE48B9-324F-4AD1-A2CC-315551A4C97E.jpeg

That will be one expensive French fry on your floor. Beautiful colors.
This is a tough fish it would not commit suicide. Pretty sharp. Swims around tangs like nothing at all

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way things are going lately might as well just send the $1,300 to Fedex and ask them to burn it for you.

I got no idea on the fish or whether it is worth it, but I am not trusting Fedex with an inchlong $1300 fish that is for sure.

Chueco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The deep water is nice but I would never spend that on a fish, especially a firefish and who knows if it will even live long in captivity being from deeper waters
I’ve had mine a few years now

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back