1,379 Days of ION

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe's Coral Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
My journey started 12/19/19. I pre-ordered the ion director as soon as I seen it. I love my GHL. The sensors really seem like an industrial sensor. Love how the dashboard is layed out. Having lived in Germany, I am an absolute sucker for anything that is made in Germany. Well I hit that pre-order as fast as I could then waited. Its been such a long journey. I cant remember when I received it but needless to say I was in the middle of a move and the total chaos that comes with moving hundreds of gallons of fish and coral. When I finally got around to setting up the ion director it didn't work, after contacting support I was told the sensor was too old. So back on the shelf it went and I waited to order a new sensor. Now I dont know if I order 2 sensors or ghl sent me 2 but the first sensor came with a letter saying it may not work, guess what it didn't work. So then I cried for at least a week before opening the second sensor. I really had zero confidence and was just mentally exhausted from this. The second sensors packing looked different. The sensor had a black cover over it and maybe it was just blind hope but I felt like maybe just maybe this bus was about to leave the station.

Well I'd like to report after 1,379 Days I have had my first Ion director measurement. I put the sensor in last night and clicked "Prepared Measurement Cell" then waited. You need to wait 12 hrs before you can test, so that put my first test while I was at work. I think my co-workers think I'm nuts because I was cheering when I checked the app this morning and actually seen its first measurement. Anyway I thought my fellow GHL nerds could relate, Reefing is about patience, your waiting for the cycle, your waiting for growth and you wait for equipment....

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

OP
OP
J

Joe's Coral Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Awesome, it made it 7 days before I received the message " Last measurement invalid due to bad sensor performance" . OMG, seriously . Its now not taking measurements.

bmr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting to get my pre covid ordered ION director. Hope they get the probe issues fixed soon and before mine is shipped.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope they get the probe issues fixed soon and before mine is shipped.

I think so. We identified weak points, mostly some of the used chemicals and the flexible PCB where the working electrodes and reference electrode are placed. New chemicals, thicker PCB layers. Different top coat material. And some other things.
As written in the other thread I am in the middle of testing (and approving) these changes. Looking good so far.

Joe, (and all other IOND users and IOND users in spe), if you had really bad luck again you get another sensor. As long as it takes to get that fixed. And thanks for your support and trust. 1379 days (now more), wow, I am more than impressed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back