Me and my new GHL Mitras are NOT getting along lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an old-school GHL Fan ( was a dealer for a short period of time many years ago, Reef Bytes) but even being somewhat familair with GHL processes etc these are kicking my tail. I can get the GHL Connect App to connect to each light and "See it" but when I click on the General Tab to go in and make changes (to the time/date etc) it just spins and spins and eventually Times Out:
1712415546027.png

then

1712415571743.png

Maybe I need to do a factory RESET or something and start the installation (GHL Connect) all over again.

Any ideas? I've created a GHL Service Ticket and we are "emailing" back and forth but with these lights on Germany Time Zone I have to keep them UNPLUGGED because that won't work here in EDT.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What is the ticket number? I don't see any tickets about Mitras LX waiting for a response from GHL.

Are you using a beta version of the GHL Connect app? If so, can you deactivate participation in the beta program and try again?

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What is the ticket number? I don't see any tickets about Mitras LX waiting for a response from GHL.

Are you using a beta version of the GHL Connect app? If so, can you deactivate participation in the beta program and try again?
My ticket is:
[Ticket #8663] New Mitras 7206 Initial SetUp

I don't think I'm part of any Beta/Test program.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you receive a reply from Vinny's on your ticket yesterday?

Can you tell me what version of the GHL Connect app you're using and whether it's on Android or iOS.

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you receive a reply from Vinny's on your ticket yesterday?

Can you tell me what version of the GHL Connect app you're using and whether it's on Android or iOS.

Yes he did reply (and I appreciate it greatly) but it went into my SPAM folder and I didn't see it until later in the day. He asked if I still need help on this issue and I replied to him stating I do indeed still need help. I understand it was late in the day and after business hours so I may not hear back until Monday.

Either way I'm still "stuck" in this loop of not being able to modify the lights in order to be able to use them.

App Version:3.26.6

Apple, iPhone 13 Pro

iOS 17.4.1

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he did reply (and I appreciate it greatly) but it went into my SPAM folder and I didn't see it until later in the day. He asked if I still need help on this issue and I replied to him stating I do indeed still need help. I understand it was late in the day and after business hours so I may not hear back until Monday.

Either way I'm still "stuck" in this loop of not being able to modify the lights in order to be able to use them.

App Version:3.26.6

Apple, iPhone 13 Pro

iOS 17.4.1
Your answer doesn't appear on the ticket, maybe you replied to the notification email? No, we don't receive them. You must reply by logging on to the ticket system.

Version 3.26.6 is not a beta version and is probably not the cause of the problem.

However, perhaps the firmware on the WiFi module is out of date, causing your Mitras LX to use the old myGHL server.
Also check that the WiFi signal reception is correct.
I'll let you continue your diagnosis via the ticket system.

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your answer doesn't appear on the ticket, maybe you replied to the notification email? No, we don't receive them. You must reply by logging on to the ticket system.

You are correct. I did "reply" to the email. I didn't realize it was "notification only" but I have now gone back into the Support Ticket System and replied in there and noted this thread for reference.

Thank you,
Allen in NC

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I have a 2.1 and 2.2 stand alone dosers. The software/server is absolute ****. Sometimes I can connect easily, sometimes I gotta try like 15 times to finally connect.

I just think their coding and/or server is ****. Even using the newer server, it’s still crap. It is a bit better with the new server, but marginally. I’m in the USA, too.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back