GHL Mitras - How are you mounting them?

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 80/20 and 1" long studs screwed into the GHL mounting holes. My tank has a canopy so I just built a light rack but you could easily use 80/20 to make mounting arms that attach the the stand
Would you mind sharing the 80/20 rack you made? I'm trying to figure out how to mount a t5 hybrid fixture in my canopy. The provided hanging kit puts the lights way to low even at the shortest length.

I purchased 4 storage hooks that hold 40lbs each I could put in the canopy, but I'm not loving the idea

Apologies to OP for partially derailing the topic for your mitras lights!

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would you mind sharing the 80/20 rack you made? I'm trying to figure out how to mount a t5 hybrid fixture in my canopy. The provided hanging kit puts the lights way to low even at the shortest length.

I purchased 4 storage hooks that hold 40lbs each I could put in the canopy, but I'm not loving the idea

super simple, hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Absolutely NO apology needed. I like learning from others and always looking for new ideas across the board :)

Allen

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Al, you mentioned cord management.
You may know this but the GHL cord hides inside the vertical section of the GHL mount.

1711046929896.jpeg
I did NOT know that. Very good to know. I'm getting ready to order a pair of the Mitras 7206, 2x Type 2 Mounts, and the Profilux as well. This is getting out of hand LOL!

@d2mini Do you happen to know the actual dimensions of the up rod? I'm trying to determine how much room to allow for in terms of "distance from the wall" once everything is installed.

THANK YOU!
Allen

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did NOT know that. Very good to know. I'm getting ready to order a pair of the Mitras 7206, 2x Type 2 Mounts, and the Profilux as well. This is getting out of hand LOL!

@d2mini Do you happen to know the actual dimensions of the up rod? I'm trying to determine how much room to allow for in terms of "distance from the wall" once everything is installed.

THANK YOU!
Allen
Nice! lol

It's pretty thin, not even 3/4" thick. You'll want more room than that anyway to be able to shove your hand behind the tank to manage wires.

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! lol

It's pretty thin, not even 3/4" thick. You'll want more room than that anyway to be able to shove your hand behind the tank to manage wires.
Yes I'm planning to leave it away from the wall but I wanted to "add" the thickness of the mounts to my "calculation". I'm thinking probably 3 1/2" (width of 2x4) between wall trim and the edge of the GHL Mounts.

Your thoughts?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm planning to leave it away from the wall but I wanted to "add" the thickness of the mounts to my "calculation". I'm thinking probably 3 1/2" (width of 2x4) between wall trim and the edge of the GHL Mounts.

Your thoughts?
Plenty of room. THe wall to the back of my tank is 3".

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the lights are "Hung" using the GHL Flex Mount Type 2's and it was a "challenge" on the WB metal stand with large cutouts in the rear LOL!

Once I figured out the proper assembly and configuration I really like them. I have literally spent 6 hours trying to get the 7206's configured so I'm calling it quits for the night. I've submitted a Support Ticket to help me figure out the error of my ways since both lights are "stuck" in the same "install loop".

Thank you ALL for your advice, input, and support.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back