Help with light bar mounting option

chrizo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Messages
59
Reaction score
35
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone,


I just ordered 59" Quanta Helix bars, and I'm kind of stumped. I'd like to use aluminum extrusion to mount them above my new IM 170EXT, but I keep getting confused with the T-slots on the Quanta lights.


I'm hoping to keep the mounting as clean and minimal as possible. I'd like a simple suspended aluminum extrusion setup with the light bars mounted neatly underneath, similar to the photo no bulky brackets or unnecessary hardware visible.


Could I see how some of you mounted and hung your light bars? My main question is: does anyone know what size bolts fit into the T-slots on the Quanta lights?


Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_2026-07-14-09-03-13-14_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new