1 Duncan head not opening

Morgan Rodgers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
285
Reaction score
116
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I recently purchased my Duncan colony ~1 week ago, and I recently moved it to a place where it got more flow and 1 head loves it, while the other literally won’t open. I’m not sure what to do to combat this, and looking for help.

IMG_0662.jpeg IMG_0663.jpeg
 
I can't tell for sure with that photo, but the left polyp looks dead and the tissue mostly wasted away. Could be shadowing in the photo though.
 
I can't tell for sure with that photo, but the left polyp looks dead and the tissue mostly wasted away. Could be shadowing in the photo though.
I can try and close up the other polyp so u can get another look, it was open yesterday, but I moved it to a more flowy spot because it didn’t seem happy with where it was placed.
 
I would stop moving it. If one head is open and extended then that spot is conducive to Duncans. Everytime you move a coral you stress it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new