OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have the fish been in? And has the tank cleared up at all compared to the photo you originally posted?
The tank has cleared up a decent bit, I am able to see the rocks in my tank as well as what’s behind it. The fish have been in for around 2 hours

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a power filter or micron filter, I'd use that in the tank temporarily to clear it up.
I do, but unfortunately that’s in my freshwater tank and I can’t go and grab that without waking up other people in the house.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has cleared up a decent bit, I am able to see the rocks in my tank as well as what’s behind it. The fish have been in for around 2 hours
Do the fish seem to be in any distress? Hovering near the top of the water, rapid breathing, etc?
If not, then you're probably fine.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ghosting the thread:)

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3 update-

Everything is looking great! I arranged all the coral today. I tested my parameters yesterday and they look good, mag and calc are a little high but it should level out with a bit more as my tank cycles a bit more with all the new sand. All the fish are doing alright as well as the corals. The thing I’m struggling with is trying to develop a stocking list now LOL.
Parameters:
Phosphate - 0.02
Mag - 1430
Nitrate - 2
Alk - 10.5
Calc - 490
Salinity - 1.025

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0714.jpeg
    IMG_0714.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4225.MOV
    22.7 MB
  • IMG_4227.MOV
    43.2 MB

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3 update-

Everything is looking great! I arranged all the coral today. I tested my parameters yesterday and they look good, mag and calc are a little high but it should level out with a bit more as my tank cycles a bit more with all the new sand. All the fish are doing alright as well as the corals. The thing I’m struggling with is trying to develop a stocking list now LOL.
Parameters:
Phosphate - 0.02
Mag - 1430
Nitrate - 2
Alk - 10.5
Calc - 490
Salinity - 1.025
Mag, Calcium, and Alk look good. Nitrate and phosphate are likely too low for your corals.
What fish do you already have? (Besides the clowns)

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mag, Calcium, and Alk look good. Nitrate and phosphate are likely too low for your corals -- what kind do you have?
What fish do you already have?
almost entirely softies with the exception of my Duncan, blasto, and 2 acans. I have 2 clowns and a royal gramma. I’m hoping to add some sort of tang, a watchman goby, a pistol shrimp, and something else.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
almost entirely softies with the exception of my Duncan, blasto, and 2 acans. I have 2 clowns and a royal gramma. I’m hoping to add some sort of tang, a watchman goby, a pistol shrimp, and something else.
A bristletooth tang would be a good option. Just a word of caution, if you plan to have many corals on the sandbed, you might want to rethink the pistol shrimp... Mine bulldozed all the time, covering up some corals and stealing frags to decorate his cave, lol.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bristletooth tang would be a good option. Just a word of caution, if you plan to have many corals on the sandbed, you might want to rethink the pistol shrimp... Mine bulldozed all the time, covering up some corals and stealing frags to decorate his cave, lol.
I plan to move those mushrooms onto the left most rocks, and I can always move that Kenya tree somewhere else

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to move those mushrooms onto the left most rocks, and I can always move that Kenya tree somewhere else
Some people don't have problems with pistols; mine was also rather large. BUT... he did not get transferred to my new tank when I upgraded ;)

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people don't have problems with pistols; mine was also rather large. BUT... he did not get transferred to my new tank when I upgraded ;)
Well it can’t hurt to give it a shot yknow, worse case scenario it messes with a few of my Kenya’s and mushrooms.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a tomini tang work? My LFS is able to get them in pretty frequently, although I have yet to see a bristletooth

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
week 1 update! Happy to report everything is doing amazing! I may have went a little crazy stocking it w corals, but there was some really good deals lol!

New additions:
1 frog skin acro
2 RBTA
1 Deadpool mushroom
1 lava lamp mushroom
1 green zoa frag
1 Hollywood stunners chalice
1 Rasta frag
1 eagle eyes frag
1 lepto frag

IMG_0757.jpeg IMG_0756.jpeg IMG_0751.jpeg IMG_0752.jpeg IMG_0753.jpeg IMG_0754.jpeg IMG_0755.jpeg IMG_0758.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at right around the 1 month update and WOW! I love this new tank LOL. I have had some issues with my aquascape, but I have seemed to resolve it. The anemones seem fat and happy, my acro frag is growing, and my mushrooms are looking great!

I also forgot to mention that I wound up picking up a candy cane pistol shrimp and a yellow rose goby, but haven't seen either since I got them :/.
IMG_0893.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at right around the 1 month update and WOW! I love this new tank LOL. I have had some issues with my aquascape, but I have seemed to resolve it. The anemones seem fat and happy, my acro frag is growing, and my mushrooms are looking great!

I also forgot to mention that I wound up picking up a candy cane pistol shrimp and a yellow rose goby, but haven't seen either since I got them :/.
IMG_0893.jpg
Some great progress in a month!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back