1 gallon tank help

  • Thread starter Thread starter bossman818
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bossman818

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2024
Messages
226
Reaction score
182
Location
canyon country
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. Need some help. Working on this 1 gallon yea you read it right, 1 gallon tank. Everything was perfect until I started getting what looks like pods. Now I get these algae or poop spots everywhere. Is it poop or algae? It’s hard enough to maintain and these spots are not easy to remove. Don’t do much testing on this tank for parameters but has anyone seen similar so I can get a better idea? Please help.

Thanks

IMG_4464.jpeg IMG_4465.jpeg IMG_4466.jpeg IMG_4467.jpeg IMG_4468.jpeg
 
I'm no expert but you should post up water parameters and water change schedules. Someone more informed than me should be able to help.
 
I keep a 1.1 gallon pico for fun. I don’t do water changes or maintenance on it.

These things can get out of whack very very easily.

What are the parameters? What’s living inside it - fish, corals, inverts, etc. And do you add any form of food, supplements, products etc to the tank ?
 
It’s algae btw

What light are you using
 
I have one Ricordea one mushroom and GSP for now. I didn’t get these spots until the pods numbers exploded. There is no way it could be pod poop? I feed reef roids once a week and I do water changes maybe once every 2 weeks. Did it for a while no issues until those pods started showing up. I hate/love them lol
 
Do not. Ever. Put reef roids in that tank

1) you have nothing that needs it. Your corals are completely photosynthetic.

2) reef roids is terrible for tank parameters, many many people have phosphate explosions after reef roids, with tanks 50x your size and more.

3) your picos volume is so small you should avoid putting ANY food of any kind in it. A turkey baster of fresh water will change the salinity of my 1.1g by a few points

4) you need a small clean up crew. 2 scarlet hermits, and 2-3 small Astrea snails, 2 baby nassarius (1/4” - 1/2” )

Too many inverts and they will die and foul the water. Too few and they won’t keep up with cleaning

No fish. And stick to corals that do not require manual feedings. Tanks this small are soooo sensitive. Make smart choices and your reward will be stability and little maintenance.

Mines designed not to need feedings. Setup in February and zero water chances and only need to clean the glass once monthly
289D2292-739E-4C73-8745-B5447C479321.jpeg


D41B2BF8-E1BB-4F84-AF1A-0B8E688606D9.jpeg


0862CC0E-15DE-4F00-9F5E-4EF57F5ECB56.jpeg


4BEDCED5-9503-453F-B071-DC2D27EFA211.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new