1 more fish?

dannyboy92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers.
Wondering if I can add one more fish to my 20g cube. leaning towards flame hawkfish or pink streaked wrasse. If I am able to add 1 more fish and go with a flame hawkfish, Am i safe adding it with my current livestock?

current stocking:
tail spot blenny
ocellaris clown
mandarin dragonet
cleaner shrimp
fire shrimp
tux urchin
nem
various snails and crabs

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cleaner would be in danger with a hawkfish and I'd say its a bit too small for a hawk. Go with the pink streak.

Boreas_SA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'd rather add the pink streaked wrasse, even though hawkfish don't move too much and will be fine in that size, they can become territorial towards the other fish, and bigger ones will also eat your shrimp. If you want a hawkfish like fish try finding a Plectranthias inermis, not too rare and stays small.

OP
OP
D

dannyboy92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the advice @Boreas_SA @Slocke
I do like the pink streaked a lot so that works! just have to find it in stock already quarantined.

Although i'm pretty much set on the wrasse, i'd like to hear some more suggestions of what you two might add to the current stock.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the advice @Boreas_SA @Slocke
I do like the pink streaked a lot so that works! just have to find it in stock already quarantined.

Although i'm pretty much set on the wrasse, i'd like to hear some more suggestions of what you two might add to the current stock.
Possum wrasse, Pygmy waspfish, yasha or Dracula goby.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d go for a shrimpgoby + pistol shrimp. They stay out of the way of others, which is important in a small tank (not much free territory). You already have 2 fish that stay close to the rocks and the clown won’t want to share the open water, so a sandbed fish would be best.

Also, I wouldn’t get anything that will compete with the mandarin for pods. You will already have to be doing a lot of work to keep it well fed, so anything else that loves pods (like a wrasse) will just create a bigger headache.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back