1 time breeding clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefhobby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefhobby

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2014
Messages
468
Reaction score
84
Location
arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I see all these people breeding clownfish, so I said why not try it out. So I set up a small 10 gallon tank
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1454971671.636430.jpg

For filtration I have a aquaclear 30. I do 30% water changes weekly siphoning out the poop that's at the bottom. Do my CUC I have just in hermit crab. I have about 4 pound of live rock also for filtration. I let it cycle for 2 week testing water every once in a while. In that 2 weeks time I fed the tank a little to get it used to feeding a lot. I then added a 3 inch midnight clown and 1.25 inch flurry clownfish.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1454971832.393603.jpg

I keep the tank at 82 degrees and at 1.020 salinity. I have lights on for 12 hour 6:30am-6:30pm at 630am I feed a few pellets then at 300pm I feed fertility frenzy then pellets again at 600. The clownfish both sleep together in the pot at night. It going super good so far. Any questions just ask.
 
I'll follow along. Keep us posted on your progress.
 
Sold my midnight and got a larger Darwin.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461876233.038767.jpg

Also got a breeding pair of platinum snowflakes.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461876371.141291.jpg

Both pairs are in a 37 gallon system. Since both alto have been moved into here the temp is at 80 and salinity is at 1.025.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461876457.031588.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new