1 year old brown Acro showing color??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
20,979
Location
Mentor, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what species this is? Started as a small frag...now it is roughly the size of a softball. It has always been plain brown......although very muted, it now appears to be showing red, green, blues, and purple? This is a lights off pic. Not sure why there is a circle in the middle...it was taken with an iphone through the glass so I am assuming it is a reflection.
acro.jpg
 
Definitely has the same structure.......at this point I guess it is pointless to try and figure anything out based on color since it has been brownish for so long. I just have never seen one color up right in the middle of a branch rather than showing color at the tips with new growth.
 
I was going to say A. Microclados. Not 100% sure, though.
Yeah, that looks pretty similar also.......this is why I never try to identify any of my acros lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new