1 year on my 75 SPS

Great tank Kevin. You have given me something to think about. If I read this right you are not carbon dosing? It goes to show that when a tank system has good biodiversity and working properly it can jam along without a ton of help.
 
No carbon dosing, no zeovit, no color products, no GFO, no carbon. Only occasionally Amino's via acropower and normal type dosing/parameter maintenance.
 
My PH has been 8.4-8.5 during the day and at night it is above 8.3. I thought my probe was faulty and even re calibrated it this week. I can now see your point about growth and PH levels. My tank has been on a growth spurt since finding out my tank had lower than NSW levels of K. I also changed the MH to main lighting and LED supplemental blues. PH finally dipped to 8.2 an hour after lights out today after adding an hour of MH for a total of 8.
 
My PH has been 8.4-8.5 during the day and at night it is above 8.3. I thought my probe was faulty and even re calibrated it this week. I can now see your point about growth and PH levels. My tank has been on a growth spurt since finding out my tank had lower than NSW levels of K. I also changed the MH to main lighting and LED supplemental blues. PH finally dipped to 8.2 an hour after lights out today after adding an hour of MH for a total of 8.
Well, I have made this pH observation in my previous tank as well. I have been watching my afternoon pH high for so long now. Its my favorite ( most useful) indicator of growth. When its a point lower than normal, I know to check things out and see what's wrong. Or if I modify my lighting schedule, I use it to ensure the photosynthesis rate is still the same.
 
How do you know that special pH point? Was this trial and error or did u read somewhere that growth occurs best at pH 8.4?
 
Nice growth! What about bio fish load? How many and types? Thx
 
I'm obviously doing something wrong! Nice job!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new