$10 BRS Codes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know this I am a rewards preferred reefer 2 out of the 10 orders I have gotten have had the gift in the basket but I have gotten nothing extra at all but what I ordered and I have the rewards points in my account so it was done correctly

lol, i’ve been a customer of their’s (brs) for over 10 years and didn’t receive a single gift in the 7 orders i placed and received.

and 10 bucks is the only discount code i have ever gotten from them…
so i don’t buy into their corporate hype.

marinedepot was so much better….

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, i’ve been a customer of their’s (brs) for over 10 years and didn’t receive a single gift in the 7 orders i placed and received.

and 10 bucks is the only discount code i have ever gotten from them…
so i don’t buy into their corporate hype.

marinedepot was so much better….
Right there with you

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one was happy to get a $10 off code that I could use for things I was going to order anyway, like reagents..... it saved me $10.

If you placed a bunch of orders for things you didn't need just because you thought you might get something free back in those orders, I feel little to no sympathy. At least you got a good life lesson in the exchange.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I for one was happy to get a $10 off code that I could use for things I was going to order anyway, like reagents..... it saved me $10.

If you placed a bunch of orders for things you didn't need just because you thought you might get something free back in those orders, I feel little to no sympathy. At least you got a good life lesson in the exchange.

yeah, no…
but i did space out my orders
for the things that i did need.

once you’ve been in this hobby for over a decade,
you sorta know what you need to stock up on…

01724FE2-84BD-49F6-A8BD-CAA17D7ADA03.jpeg

happy reefing

OP
OP
C

Coral Your World

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you follow the BRS fb group page, you’ll see that several people have posted almost identical staged looking (I’m sure these are not staged but thought it was funny lol) posts showing all their winnings laid out with an overly glorifying review of BRS. Almost as if they were paid actors LOL Had posted it as a joke to gauge reaction, but the post was rejected by BRS lol *insert thinking emoji*

Congrats to all the winners

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I spaced mine out but I got things I needed my girlfriend warned me it was a pr stunt lol and she was right. I’ll say it all day long this $10 codes are not a pr perk there are 59 thousand of them so do the math they made a bunch of money off that. If they had put a towel or vendor tshirt in my order free I would have been happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people on here being like I have 17 orders coming!! That to me is absolutely hilarious hook line and sinker. Just to get a silly card or maybe a prize. With the amount of money they spend in hope of winning something they could have just bought the dam thing.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At $35 for free shipping it makes sense to split up the order assuming you aren't buying stuff you actually need. Sadly, if the comments on orsers read during the live streams are true, a lot of people put in tiny orders for random stuff solely for a chance to win.

Joeydi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I check the value of the codes? If I place an item in the cart, then add the code…does that eat up the code? Or can I remove the code without using it?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do I check the value of the codes? If I place an item in the cart, then add the code…does that eat up the code? Or can I remove the code without using it?
If you follow the steps that you mentioned, then you can remove it without using it.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can remove the code without using it. If your code starts with G, it's probably $10

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some people do the math to figure out if taking the chance to place an order and get a card of some value is worth it, other people participate as a form of entertainment. Regardless of how you feel about the marketing approach, why you participated, or what the outcome was for you or others, let's make sure that we are being respectful of each other as we share our perspectives.

radfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last order for BRS... see what I did there? At least this time I actually saved... 2.8, but I saved.

5FBF65A0-AB01-4667-8865-0E130C5A9425.png

Last edited:

90reefernyc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone should start a thread with the winners posting what they received.
I also placed a large order for black Friday (over $1500) in items I needed I also received $10 gift card. Then I saw there live were everyone was ordering at exactly the same time as the live and was getting some great stuff, so I figured I need a chiller Ill order one also during the live, never called my name and also received chiller and no gift card either.
So the next live was happening and I said ok Ill give it another shot ordered a few small items I needed during that live well I guess no luck again all I kept hearing "this person ordered 1 min ago or this person ordered 3 min ago" WOW a lot of people ordering. Anyway, not to sound sour but def a great marketing idea by them I'm sure plenty of peopled ordered stuff they probably weren't going to order just to see if they get a good prize.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone should start a thread with the winners posting what they received.
I also placed a large order for black Friday (over $1500) in items I needed I also received $10 gift card. Then I saw there live were everyone was ordering at exactly the same time as the live and was getting some great stuff, so I figured I need a chiller Ill order one also during the live, never called my name and also received chiller and no gift card either.
So the next live was happening and I said ok Ill give it another shot ordered a few small items I needed during that live well I guess no luck again all I kept hearing "this person ordered 1 min ago or this person ordered 3 min ago" WOW a lot of people ordering. Anyway, not to sound sour but def a great marketing idea by them I'm sure plenty of peopled ordered stuff they probably weren't going to order just to see if they get a good prize.
There is a great diaper commercial that sums this up:

live, learn them get loves.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back