10 Gallon Adventure

corgiguy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had a 125 FOWLR tank for the lat year or so, and decided that we wanted to try and keep coral. We purchased the Innovative Marine NUVO Aquarium - Fusion Nano 10and have added in the skimmer, spinning return nozzle, filter socks, and had the Skkye Light until we replaced it with a Astra 20 Marine. To start the tank off we bought a couple pieces of live rock, and a 10ld bag of live sand. We took a small piece of live rock from our main tank, and 10 gallons of water and filled up the Nuvo. We went to our LFS and bought 2 $10 frags. Here is where we let our inexperiance show. The frags started out doing great, but we put in a small clean up crew, 1 green crab, 2 scarlet hermits, a brittle starfish, and 1 snail. Our clean up crew decided to "clean" under the frags, and was knocking them of the rocks almost daily. We finally went and talked to our LFS and asked what we could do and had no idea that there as such a thing as reef glue. Now this little tank seems to be doing better, but we do have a little nuisance algae, hence the hermits,to get rid of. This tank has by far been a lot harder to maintain that our 125 FOWLR, but hopefully soon we will begin to grow corals in that tank as well. We are hoping to use this 10 gallon as a small frag tank for our large tank and hopefully one day have a large reef tank going as well.

Let me know if anyone has any tips or tricks for continuing this little adventure we have been on.

I started this thread in another place, and want to share some of the questions and answers from that portion of the forum before any of the same questions may come up.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/10-gallon-reef-adventure.418485/#post-4895793

IMG_0699.JPG

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some GSP there maybe? Keep in mind it can take over the entire tank

Also any super glue gel works. Can probably save a few bucks from buying "reef glue"

Also new to keeping coral. I really think it can be as easy or as difficult as one makes it.

Good luck. Following along

Stan-Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same tank, I love it and have no complaints, never really thought of a skimmer as a 25% water change is easy really I've got away with it so far wiyh just dosing nopox and mechanical filtration with the custom caddy

One fighting conch is all you need to keep a 10 gallon substrate clean

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 117 43.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 130 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back