10 gallon half moon build

spacetime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the hammer fare? I hope you saved it. I wonder why your getting such cloudy water... are you running carbon in addition to the purigen? Also do you use RO for your H2O changes?

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the hammer fare? I hope you saved it. I wonder why your getting such cloudy water... are you running carbon in addition to the purigen? Also do you use RO for your H2O changes?

I'm still unsure about the hammer. I can't see any more of the disease and I think I killed all of it. The hammer may live but I won't be certain for a while, brown jelly is nasty stuff. The cloudy water was just a bacterial bloom, nothing uncommon for new tanks. Yes I run Chemipure Elite and Purigen for filter media and RO water. The bacterial bloom has been cured and the water is perfect. Nutrients are so low that even the Chaeto in my sump grows slowly. The water is almost too clean for LPS.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No real updates on the tank. Unfortunately I lost the hammer. I'm going to keep it in the refugium for extra live rock or in case a miracle happens.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally had time to get some new corals. I picked out some zoas from the local reef shop. Not sure what they are. I'll post a pic when they open up.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to grab some pics of the new zoas. The actinics just don't cooperate with my camera. The flash also takes away from the color. Under the actinics the center is orange surrounded by a dark green. They are very similar to the colors of the Miami hurricanes except the orange is not as vibrant. I also uploaded a pic of my new clown I got a few weeks ago.
013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg
012.jpg

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm furthering my zoa addiction lol. I picked up a frag of some gorgeoues blue zoas as well as what I think are bubblegum zoas. I'll post pictures soon.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started work this week at a reef shop. As if I didn't spend enough time with fish already lol. I got a purple and green chalice today. I'll post pics of it and the blue zoas whenever I can get a good pic.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got something I have wanted since I got interested in the hobby. I picked upo a yellow watchman goby and a candy cane pistol shrimp. Hopefully the will pair, fingers crossed!

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a pic of the pistol shrimp. He was hiding in his burrow. He is barely visible.
010.jpg

Luckily he built it somewhere I'm happy with. He's about a 1/2in to an inch long.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've fallen a bit behind on this thread. I have since added some nassarius snails, acans, chalices, zoas, a blasto, and a birdsnest, pics will come soon.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try taking a pic of the goby and shrimp in the burrow together. The shrimp always scurries away from the phone, especially when the goby reacts to the camera flash.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an orange monti cap that looks great as well as some amazing zoas. I'm struggling with taking pics because of he curvature of the glass. I will continue trying for good pics.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back