10 gallon peninsula aio

BlackClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my tank with a 10 gallon. Added an acrylic wall w/ 2 baffles.
I plan on mostly LPS coral a black clown, and I'm not sure what else yet. Been thinking maybe a pistol shrimp and goby pair but I don't know how they would do in this size tank
IMG_20181101_221113406.jpg

IMG_20181101_221045083.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goby shrimp pair would do perfect in that size of a tank .

OP
OP
BlackClown

BlackClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you had my at peninsula...nice little set up! did you DIY the back or buy a premade one?

how you liking the A80 over that size tank?

Thank you, I did a diy for the back .It was really easy to do. I actually just got the light in last night from @Romeo007
It was super easy to setup, makes the tank look beautiful

OP
OP
BlackClown

BlackClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Question because I can not see it in the photos... I see the weir and overflow section but where does the water return at?
Great question, for now I have a 1/2" tube from my return pump over the water and held by a clamp returning to the front of the tank. If you look to the top left of my side view you can sort of see it

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I'm almost positive that will be the next additions, I would like to get my clown a nem first though
Definitely hold off on the nem until your tank is 6 months or older. I suggest a bubble tip nem because there hardy but it’s not a guarantee host

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely hold off on the nem until your tank is 6 months or older. I suggest a bubble tip nem because there hardy but it’s not a guarantee host

I would double down on this statement. I rushed adding a NEM in my 93 cube. Even though corals were growing fine, no big swings in nutrients or water chemistry it was touch and go on my nem for MONTHS and I could tel lit was very unhappy. I just hit the 1 year mark with the tank being wet and I feel the NEM is just now settling in and healthy 6 months after being added.

FTS10-18.jpg

OP
OP
BlackClown

BlackClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would double down on this statement. I rushed adding a NEM in my 93 cube. Even though corals were growing fine, no big swings in nutrients or water chemistry it was touch and go on my nem for MONTHS and I could tel lit was very unhappy. I just hit the 1 year mark with the tank being wet and I feel the NEM is just now settling in and healthy 6 months after being added.

FTS10-18.jpg

So I will definitely wait 6+ months for that. I want a rainbow bta and there is no rush, my clown seems to be hosting my overflow for now.
How long would you say before adding any corals?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to add corals after the ugly stage.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back