10 Gallon SPS lighting

Andrewalex11

Reef Technology
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2017
Messages
323
Reaction score
270
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was thinking of going with a Kessil A80 but as I research more and more I find that most Nano SPS tanks fall victim to extremely high evaporation rates due to the heat emitted by the increased lighting intensity.

My questions are:

Will the A80 be enough for some Acropora action?

I have about 85% of my tank covered with a DIY acrylic lid will this pose issues with heat or light intensity as condensation builds up?

Any other lighting suggestions?
 
No bp it up to a a160 mane if you like kessil.

And led don't produce heat like other lamps. Led need to be in close proximity to get heat.

Kessil doesn't provide specs so I'm not sure two 80 would work. Be better for coverage.
 
Do y'all think a radion XR30 is too much for a 10 gallon if I mount it up high?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new