uploadfromtaptalk1418493284643.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 224

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup. I look forward to updates and pictures of the display tank. I'm glad that the LEDS have worked out well for you. I plan on going with LEDS on my next setup but still have my reservations on the technology. I guess time will tell.

Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Airborne65

Airborne65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing leds for awhile now I was like you totally against them and wouldn't try them, back when I first tried then I actually had all brand new hailed equipment and decided to pull the trigger on them after doing lots if research... I still would only use ecotech radion pros simply bc i belive they hit all spectrums halides t5s and natural sunlight hit... I've done all lighting and love them all but I believe by all my tanks if you look at my youtube they are proven to work.. now that being said why lots of ppl don't like them is they don't give there coral time to adjust or play with the settings and coral placement with leds... they all need to be tested to see where they need to be on your tank each tank is different so you have to see what your coral like.. but i believe you can accomplish better color and growth with leds or the same... I will never go back simply from how much I save on heat and electricity and long term bulb replacement just to get the same growth if not better. ...I will include a link to my youtube so you can see my old 75 gallon day 1 setup with the ecotech pros from a hailed tank.. it's hard to find tanks using leds from day 1 so I wanted to be the first with a sps dominated reef

OP
OP
Airborne65

Airborne65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some coral might slow at first and even brown out in process some might show no signs of change but take the time in the beginning and you will love them... sadly with tank above there will not be any sps in the updates coming bc I've had problems switching to new tank getting stuff balanced so I'm moving all sps over to friends until it's stable once it's done hopefully not long I will move all sps back

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason fox pro coral rainbow :)

Nice. Pro Corals Rainbow, the one I originally released a few years back. Love that piece! I'm glad to see that it still bears the name and is doing great for you.

We're you ever able to get the blue coloration to show up in the base and tips?

OP
OP
Airborne65

Airborne65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it started to but I had to take it out to be safe it was thriving tho, can't wait to get all them back

CausticGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Pro Corals Rainbow, the one I originally released a few years back. Love that piece! I'm glad to see that it still bears the name and is doing great for you.

We're you ever able to get the blue coloration to show up in the base and tips?

...Only here to see what Sunny has to post...

CausticGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No disrespect Airborne. Just thrown off by a SunnyX post!
I read through your build and enjoyed seeing it progress.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Airborne65

Airborne65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Front tank shot lots going to change with taking sps out for a while, going to collect lots of lps tho

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419221219028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419221219028.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 193

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Front tank shot lots going to change with taking sps out for a while, going to collect lots of lps tho

Wow, the colors look amazing. Now I just need to decide on an Led unit. Are you still running the Gen2's? I'm really impressed with this setup.

OP
OP
Airborne65

Airborne65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 gen 2s on side gen 3 in middle and have gen 2s upgraded to g3 face plates thanks for the support guys!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back