100G LeeMar Diamond Edge drilled FOWLR, all contents and Spectrapure UHE 1:1 pumped RO/DI with UPLC 2 level control system

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way too much to list but will answer any questions and glad to show system.
160 lbs of Tonga Kaelini live rock and 300 lbs of Aragonite live sand both teaming with life including mini brittle stars and Nassarius snails.
Medium Yellow Tang, Medium Bicolor Angel, Small/Medium Clown.
Full Current USA bluetooth controlled 1900 GPH return, dual 660 wave pumps and dual IC Pro LED lighting with sound and special effects. Simplicity 120DC controllable variable speed protein skimmer, 30 G sump/refugium.
Maintenance free system with remote 23 gallon RO/DI storage. $1000 Spectrapure Mega Maxcap UHE 1:1 low waste pumped RO/DI with 23 gallons remote storage and $300 Spectrapure UPLC2 pumped liquid level system in the sump.
Lots of gear including refractometer, hydrometers, bulk carbon, bulk GFO, 2x5 gallons of Bulk Reef two part calcium supplement, siphons, NSF trash can, buckets and much much more.

Would like to sell as a complete package, health forces sale. Local Phoenix metro area sale only.
Have many pictures both current and when it was a heavily SPS dominated system and Rose Bubble Tip breeding tank in the past.

IMG_20200910_145951821.jpg

OP
OP
AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way too much to list but will answer any questions and glad to show system.
160 lbs of Tonga Kaelini live rock and 300 lbs of Aragonite live sand both teaming with life including mini brittle stars and Nassarius snails.
Medium Yellow Tang, Medium Bicolor Angel, Small/Medium Clown.
Full Current USA bluetooth controlled 1900 GPH return, dual 660 wave pumps and dual IC Pro LED lighting with sound and special effects. Simplicity 120DC controllable variable speed protein skimmer, 30 G sump/refugium.
Maintenance free system with remote 23 gallon RO/DI storage. $1000 Spectrapure Mega Maxcap UHE 1:1 low waste pumped RO/DI with 23 gallons remote storage and $300 Spectrapure UPLC2 pumped liquid level system in the sump.
Lots of gear including refractometer, hydrometers, bulk carbon, bulk GFO, 2x5 gallons of Bulk Reef two part calcium supplement, siphons, NSF trash can, buckets and much much more.

Would like to sell as a complete package, health forces sale. Local Phoenix metro area sale only.
Have many pictures both current and when it was a heavily SPS dominated system and Rose Bubble Tip breeding tank in the past.

IMG_20200910_145951821.jpg
Also have two unopened 160G buckets of salt and another partial bucket. Back up submersible return pumps, back up powerheads, Vortex Diatom Filter for polishing the water after changes, media reactors and a whole closet full of misc supplies.

IzzysPop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you decide to part it out, I would be interested in a pump, salt, anything else you might have that I could use in a build for a water station.

OP
OP
AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the total sale price you are looking to get?
I totaled everything up and have about $4000 invested and documented, that was doing group buys through FRAG and shopping wisely.
I am asking $1500 for everything including things I'm sure I have missed.
I retired in June and found out shortly afterwards that I have major health issues and am going through chemotherapy so just don't have the time or desire anymore.

OP
OP
AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have attached a few pictures of how it has looked in the past and one recent one of the thousands of mini brittle stars inhabiting the live rock at feeding time!

021710 009~2.jpg 021710 011~2.jpg IMG_20200307_134139473.jpg IMG_20170402_205642258.jpg

OP
OP
AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not many of you remember me but I was a founding member of FRAG way back in the day. I was also a member and 2x President of the old Desert Marine Society and was instrumental in bringing in Speakers like Bob Fenner and Anthony Calfo and lining up sponsors like Spectrapure, Kent and others.
I remember when you couldn't get aragonite sand in any kind of quantities so we arranged with Home Depot to buy an entire flatbed semi truck load. I bought over 600lbs myself. And when live rock was hit and miss so one of the members arranged a 2000 lb group buy that we had shipped to Sky Harbor air freight and we picked it up from the loading dock! Bought 168 lbs of that myself.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice to see you around. sorry it’s under these circumstances.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really sorry to hear about your health. I am old enough to know what u did, and I attended the Calfo lecture and was in your group buy for Kent salt. I wish you the best with your treatment.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the best with your chemo, and beating your heath issues. :)

OP
OP
AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone!
Now if we can just get my tank sold. It is a great deal for someone. My asking price is about equal to the Spectrapure equipment or Current USA equipment alone, the tank and all its contents and one or the other above is basically free.

Dream54ing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not many of you remember me but I was a founding member of FRAG way back in the day. I was also a member and 2x President of the old Desert Marine Society and was instrumental in bringing in Speakers like Bob Fenner and Anthony Calfo and lining up sponsors like Spectrapure, Kent and others.
I remember when you couldn't get aragonite sand in any kind of quantities so we arranged with Home Depot to buy an entire flatbed semi truck load. I bought over 600lbs myself. And when live rock was hit and miss so one of the members arranged a 2000 lb group buy that we had shipped to Sky Harbor air freight and we picked it up from the loading dock! Bought 168 lbs of that myself.

Hey AJ, sorry to hear your situation, definitely one of the old schooler (from RC) that helped me out when i first arrived in AZ!
Speaking of sand, was it you that brought in a pallet of southdown to the valley? I purchase half a pallet right before then from Marc Levenson when i was living in TX.

Reaching out to a few to see anyone interested!

Speedy recovery and take care old friend! let me know if you need anything.

Sharkbait40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that you're having health issues. I had a stroke on New Years Eve five years ago and that took me in a different path myself for many years. Now I'm slowly taking another plunge in to a whole new reef world of today but with another group of great gals and guys, just alot slower. I only say this because I thought I was done with it and everything else myself but, I'm back again and hopefully you will to.
I only wish you and your family the best during these trying times.

Regards, Norm

Since it's only been 20 years since I've been at your house, below is just in case you don't remember me -
DMS- founding member.
Aquarium Fanaseas - past saltwater fish store owner.
Now - I'm just a crazy old man :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back