1073.050 Magnetic Mount

  • Thread starter Thread starter Midrats
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
2,239
Location
Madison
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to make my 1073.050 into an in-tank power filter with a felt-wrapped perforated pipe. I also plan to replace the controller with one from a 6040 I'm not using so I can pulse it.

What do I need to mount it magnetically? I looked around on Tunze.com without any luck.

Regards,

Jason
 
Any magnet mount option would be entirely DIY. I might suggest an e-Jet pump, these are made just for this purpose and include the filter and magnet mount. I am unsure how well the 1073.050 will handle this use.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new