1099 tax rules

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Master plan:

1. Last year scare businesses and hobbyist with taxes to see how much profits dropped.
2. This year cancel taxes again to see how much profits went up.
3. Evaluate losses and gains over 2 years and see margins.

Then the tax God's come in and suck us dry :)

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1099, what's that... :upside-down-face:
If you run a business, it's money in money out. Make sure you have plenty going out and you don't have to worry about the tax man.

If you have too much coming in then you deserve to pay taxes for overcharging on corals - :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always find it entertaining with people insisting that 'others pay their fair share' but once the tax man cometh for thee, people start getting upset about an over intrusive and wasteful government. The arguments that people make really are twisted into pretzels. Dont get me wrong..i fully think that the government is wasteful and intrusive, but expecting someone else to always foot the bill reminds me a lot of teenage dating..yeah, you pay for dinner, the movie, gas, etc...but unlike the government...I wasnt getting screwed.

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always find it entertaining with people insisting that 'others pay their fair share' but once the tax man cometh for thee, people start getting upset about an over intrusive and wasteful government. The arguments that people make really are twisted into pretzels. Dont get me wrong..i fully think that the government is wasteful and intrusive, but expecting someone else to always foot the bill reminds me a lot of teenage dating..yeah, you pay for dinner, the movie, gas, etc...but unlike the government...I wasnt getting screwed.
To each their own. If you end up in the system of paying taxes it's just plain unfortunate. Now my ex boss on the other hand who was the Lead at Circle K gas stations. He preached free traveler from A-Z ..govt laws only work to protect the government.. not us anyway he filed as free traveler and exempted out of his taxes. Until this year they snatched 2 grand from him in taxes undetected. They said he has to re-file every year to exempt. Long story short he was mad. Hired a lawyer and idk what happened after that because Circle K fired him for causing a **** storm lol.

quesomuchacho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t sold anything, so I think I’m good! This thread makes me feel like a kid listening to the grown-ups talk and I’ve been paying Uncle Sam for … decades (oof).

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back