OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tomoko Alright thanks. I have a koralia 1 (400gph), a 425 and a 240. I know that sps like a lot of flow, but not directly. They are all pointed higher in the tank more towards the glass instead of the rocks. The superman is looking great. Especially under the new LED's. All the acans and chalices are doing nice too. I may put my monti cap back in the tank today and see how it does.

The temp was 81 at 11 am and I just went and checked it (1:30 pm) and it's down to 79. I don't think that is too much to worry about.

Thanks jiffy!

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. As for Koralia, do put your hand over the open end of your powerhead and see if yours puts out a strong, irregular jetstream. You will feel it if the flow is not even (and it often isn't with larger Koralia's).

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since I've done an update. Not much it changed. But all my SPS at doing crappy. I can't keep them a live and the ones that I do, look awful. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your alkalinity level? Has it been stable? In a small tank like that, alkalinity and salinity can fluctuate greatly while calcium level can be pretty stable (unless you have a big precipitation event or a very low magnesium level.)

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was at 6, but I dosed twice which should have got it up to 8 according to the BRS calculator. Salinity is around 1.024-1.025. That may be my problem. When I tested a couple days ago, Calcium was at 420 and Alk was at 6. And I don't have a mag test kit. I'll work on keeping my alk stable. This may be affecting my SPS colors and killing some. Thanks Tomoko. I'll try to get a solid dosing schedule down including my water changes to keep it at 10.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates?

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol .. I got an update. That tank belonged to my son. It was a great tank but he is doing the college thing and now it sits in our storage room upstairs. I'll tell him yall were asking about it.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw man, I was hoping for some awesome two year progression shots.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back