110 Gallon Stocking List

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am currently working on my stocking list and I was wanted to share the progress in here in case someone wants to share their opinions about it.

Edit: I forgot to mention this is my first tank.

So far I am eyeing for this fishes:

2x Ice Snowflake Clownfish
1x Yellow Watchman Goby
1x Candy Cane Shrimp
1x Foxface - One Spot
1x Flasher Wrasse
1x Scooter Blenny
Xx Evansi Anthias
1x Firefish Goby
1x Royal Gamma
1x Whitetail Bristletooth Tang

I still need to work on the order of introducing them into the tank and to check if they are 100% reef safe. It's going to be a mixed reef tank.

I am open to fish suggestions too :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest lyretail anthias if this is your first time with anthias.
Yes it would be my first time with any saltwater fish.

The last time I "helped" building (washing sand lol) a saltwater aquarium was when I was 4 years old in 1992 and my father did everything. So it's like being new with the advantage of knowing how hard it is to maintain an aquarium. My father struggled a lot with it until he quit. (The water heater broke and electrocuted all the fish :()

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it would be my first time with any saltwater fish.

The last time I "helped" building (washing sand lol) a saltwater aquarium was when I was 4 years old in 1992 and my father did everything. So it's like being new with the advantage of knowing how hard it is to maintain an aquarium. My father struggled a lot with it until he quit. (The water heater broke and electrocuted all the fish :()
Don't let it fool you. This hobby is actually really easy. Just takes a crash course in chemistry at the beginning.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am currently working on my stocking list and I was wanted to share the progress in here in case someone wants to share their opinions about it.

Edit: I forgot to mention this is my first tank.

So far I am eyeing for this fishes:

2x Ice Snowflake Clownfish
1x Yellow Watchman Goby
1x Candy Cane Shrimp
1x Foxface - One Spot
1x Flasher Wrasse
1x Scooter Blenny
Xx Evansi Anthias
1x Firefish Goby
1x Royal Gamma
1x Whitetail Bristletooth Tang

I still need to work on the order of introducing them into the tank and to check if they are 100% reef safe. It's going to be a mixed reef tank.

I am open to fish suggestions too :)
That stocking list looks great - I would personally add a second flasher of a different species. This will get the “true” male colours out of both of them.

The scooter blenny should be added last as these are a Mandarin species. As for the Anthias you may want to try and wait till you have a bit more experience.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stocking list looks great - I would personally add a second flasher of a different species. This will get the “true” male colours out of both of them.

The scooter blenny should be added last as these are a Mandarin species. As for the Anthias you may want to try and wait till you have a bit more experience.
Ok, I will wait on the Anthias and I will wait until I have a good pod culture. I am working on when I am going to introduce them.

Any alternative for the Anthias that you would suggest?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I will wait on the Anthias and I will wait until I have a good pod culture. I am working on when I am going to introduce them.

Any alternative for the Anthias that you would suggest?
If you don’t mind the Hawkfish personality and want a fish that you may not see 24/7 (I personally love that style of tank with Atleast a couple secretive animals) then a Plectranthias species may be a good choice. These are a species of Anthias however their care isn’t AS needy.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t mind the Hawkfish personality and want a fish that you may not see 24/7 (I personally love that style of tank with Atleast a couple secretive animals) then a Plectranthias species may be a good choice. These are a species of Anthias however their care isn’t AS needy.
I skipped the hawkfish because I read that it liked to eat shrimp and my wife loves shrimps lol...

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that my QT protocol was absolutely wrong so I need to start over... I feel bad for my clownfish but I prefer to be absolutely possitive that they are good...

I was thinking about adding 2 more fishes to the QT tank since I am staying over so I would QT:
- 1x Watchman Goby
- 2x Clownfish
- 1x Foxface maybe? It's going to be a 40 days QT so maybe the tank will have enough algae? Any recommendations?

(I will try to get them as small as I can)

Thanks

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that my QT protocol was absolutely wrong so I need to start over... I feel bad for my clownfish but I prefer to be absolutely possitive that they are good...

I was thinking about adding 2 more fishes to the QT tank since I am staying over so I would QT:
- 1x Watchman Goby
- 2x Clownfish
- 1x Foxface maybe? It's going to be a 40 days QT so maybe the tank will have enough algae? Any recommendations?

(I will try to get them as small as I can)

Thanks
What was your original protocol?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of having a fish that you rarely see but you know is in there.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was your original protocol?
I did not have a way to measure copper so I dosed it below the recommended level to avoid overdosing. I stopped treatment after a week and I have been observing them every day for two weeks to see if they have any kind of symptoms or concerning behavioral patterns. (I have seen itch and other infections on other fish but I am not used to behavioral patterns on fish so I feel dumb even saying it).

I wanna follow the QT protocol from humblefish. So comparing what I did to what other people do I know I did absolutely terrible...

I forgot to mention I just bought the Hanna copper tester to help me measure the copper level so I believe this time I can do it right.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back