11F150's Deep Blue 80 Shallow Build

Did you mix salt water in the tank or outside? When I filled up my deep blue 80, I mistakenly mixed salt in tank (without much salt mixing experience prior) - added too much at once and all if it precipitated and never recovered. Had to empty the whole thing and start over. Big lesson learned.

On new tanks like this one, I always fill it with rodi then add salt slowly. I get the water warm first with good flow. Never had a issue on my past tanks.
 
What size sump is that? The return pump section looks like it may get low quickly? Maybe you have an ATO setup (I just setup an ATO on mine) I built a custom sump from a 40G breeder. Now I have a 10 Gallon tank as my ATO and it pumps about 5 gallons in every 3 days.
Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 12.00.15 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 12.00.48 PM.jpg
IMG_20140609_081808_171 (1).jpg
IMG_20150112_100214_241.jpg
 
What size sump is that? The return pump section looks like it may get low quickly?

My pump and overflow are moving the exact same water so the water level is always the same. I use a Ghost overflow with a gate valve and its silent.
 
Yep. All the salt is in and showing ammonia. Giving the salt another day to mix and adding some bacteria.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new