11F150's Deep Blue 80 Shallow Build

Curious on how often the skimmer cup fills up. I have the same tank but a different skimmer - I am always messing with dialing the skimmer in, once it fills to about half way the production seems to greatly slow down. I try to empty mine once a week, but can probably go two weeks without it overflowing.

Love the Chevron

I usually empty it twice a week now since I don't want to smell it. I'm in the room a lot where the tank is so I keep it clean. You really shouldn't have to mess with it once you have it dialed in, as long as you have a ATO.
 
Foxface in the QT broke the water to say hello today. Hes getting more friendly everyday.

DSC_0433_Snapseed_zpsqx7j7w37.jpg
 
Nice fish!
 
With all the new corals be sure to check the parameters more often. I forgot after adding a bunch of new stuff and my alkalinity got much lower than I like to kept it. Fish look great. Paul
 
Love my foxy. Is it a one spot or with out? Good algae eater and rock picker too.

It's a magnificent Foxface. Not sure if they vary with spots or not. Maybe they do and I learned something new.
 
I've been considering this tank. You have provided some well needed motivation. Very nice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new