12/20/12 Reef Apocalypse

  • Thread starter Thread starter VPOOL13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VPOOL13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Northwest Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Northwest Ohio and we had some strong winds last night. And it knocked out the power for almost 2 hours. I stirred the water every 15 min trying to keep things moving. I know there is battery back up systems but I think those are little expensive. Is there anything else I can do such as keeping the heat level from dropping? Thanks.
 
you can
1. wrap a blanket around the tank, and if you have heat packs handy, but them inbetween the blanket and the tank.
2. heat up RODI water on stove to boil and put it in a bottle and float it in tank or scope up some tank water and heat it up but not to boiling, just warm, and pour it back to the tank

Hope your tank is ok
 
Hopefully your power came back on! We are in Central Ohio and we lost power for about 3 hours last night.
 
It is great to have a generator. It saved me already when we had tornado's come through our area.
 
Glad to hear!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new