120 Gal Build

Steven91

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
795
Reaction score
621
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I got a used tank from my LFS (they were remodeling) and picked up a 120 gal for about $500, it included a used heater, sump, and fluval 406 canister filter, though I have to get lights and Protein Skimmer for it and am kind of on the fence about running the canister filter (though I run it on my fresh water tank and love it). Currently thinking of doing a Softy and LPS tank with shrimp, sand shifting goby and everything else is up for debate

.17992364_10212548745494608_3412582822917638754_n.jpg

Have to do some cleaning and then figure out plumbing though I will keep posting.

17992364_10212548745494608_3412582822917638754_n.jpg
 
Step one mr. Clean magic eraser step 2 good score. I would get a sump and a nice skimmer rated for 200+ gallons I run the nyos 160 on mine and love it.
 
Yea my first step is try to clean it as good as I can, still gonna get a ton of ammonia regardless when I go to fill it. It came with a 2 stage sump though I am thinking about going a little bigger and probably running a fuge in it
 
Got a small update on the tank, go the overflow plumbed though still need to go to the sump, still working on some cleaning, also ordered an Apex controller today so excited. Still researching lights and protein skimmer
 
Time for an update (pics will come later), got the Apex up and running just have to get internet to it, got a new sump in with fuge light, skimmer, and all plumbed up. Going to put rock, sand, and fill the tank this weekend
 
Tank is finally up and running
tank.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new