120 Gallon Salty Condo

Just read through your thread, tank looks awesome! If you had to choose a favorite trio, would you go dartfish or anthias??
 
Just read through your thread, tank looks awesome! If you had to choose a favorite trio, would you go dartfish or anthias??

Hmmm, I like both of the trios a lot. The anthias add more color but are far more finicky and hide a bit more. I like them equally as they both add a different flare to the tank. For ease and beginners and price, I'd go the dartfish. I worry far more about my anthias than I do the dartfish.

How are the newest additions liking their new digs?

Things seem to be doing really well. The male anthias is so small that he worries me but I see him eating a most feedings so I'm trying not to worry too much.

Thanks for asking fellas. Sorry it took so long to reply.
 
New Additions

Stopped by Emerald Bay on the way back home yesterday and picked up a coco worm and a brown feather duster. They seem to be doing quite well so far.
Feather duster.jpg
Coco Worm.jpg


FTS before adding the dusters.


FTS.jpg
 
Very nice!
 
Figured it wouldn't be too long before you got yourself a duster. Looks good bro.
 
Thanks Rev and Brandon!

B I think I was talkin to you about the coco worm when we had the meeting at the AC. Lets see how these two do. If they do well I'll looking for a purple one next.
 
Both dusters looked really well today.

Trying to come up with a way to drip/dose cyclopseeze or Rotifers during the day for the Anthias to get an extra feeding in. Might do something with a solenoid hooked to a plastic bottle controlled by the Apex. Full the bottle each mornin with a little food and water and at a set time each day open the solenoid to let the liquid flow out into the tank.

I don't think the Anthias are getting to the pellets from the automatic feeder...
 
Thanks fellas.

Came home after a weekend away and I'm missing the male Anthias and one of them looks pretty skinny. I feed the tank like 4 times a day and see them eating just about everything. Strange...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new