schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small Update

Decided it was time to frag the red monti as it was starting to shade many other corals. My main concern was it shading the purple monti but that is no longer a concern as I fragged the beast in many sections.

This worked out for several club members as I fragged it while they were at the house for the meeting.

I also added a booster pump to my RO/DI system and now instead of running at 40psi I am running just under 80psi and I can tell you that the booster pump makes a huge difference not only in lower TDS coming out of the membrane, but the output of the product water as well. Win/Win situation if you ask me.

Original Monti
Monti pre-frag.jpg

Fragged monti
Fragged Monti.jpg

Booster Pump
Booster Pump.jpg

Pressure gauge
Pressure Gauge.jpg

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah Monti's tend to do that, I recently cut a frag off of each of my two colonies and gave the colonies away and kept the frags for myself... LOL gonna have to do it again soon.

TankedNTn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ryan, where'd you get he booster pump from? I don't squat for pressure through mine for some reason.

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost my Niger Trigger today. Not sure what happened to it. It was eating fine on Sunday. It looked ok, no signs of parasites or scrapes/war wounds just acting a little strange last night. Came home today and it was a goner. By far my favorite fish and one of the hardest losses I've had in the tank. I'll definitely get another in the near future.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost my Niger Trigger today. Not sure what happened to it. It was eating fine on Sunday. It looked ok, no signs of parasites or scrapes/war wounds just acting a little strange last night. Came home today and it was a goner. By far my favorite fish and one of the hardest losses I've had in the tank. I'll definitely get another in the near future.

Sorry for the loss. No injury from the foxface?

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. No injuries that I could see. I was thinking the same thing though... But they never had issues in the past so I don't think that was it. Very, very strange....

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your trigger, Ryan. Are you considering replacing him?

Brandon

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back