120 gallon tank startup

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently was given a 120 gallon tank I plan on getting it cycling in one month any ideas for prep this is a big jump my other tank is 24 gallons but i love it and they only keep growing so when i had gotten this for free my first thought is new reeftank and i have ny heart set out on it now im getting my supply list ready currently im thinking starting out with some T5s for lighting and adding the single extra single hydra i have right now but over time adding in some more LEDS for a hybrid hopefully eventually converting it to full LED from the T5s just because i like the look of the LEDs i have an ATO ready for the tank already and a stand with a canopy i have to get a protein skimmer for it and a large rodi unit i also plan on doing a mainly dry rock cycle for the aquarium only adding some live rock

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently was given a 120 gallon tank I plan on getting it cycling in one month any ideas for prep this is a big jump my other tank is 24 gallons but i love it and they only keep growing so when i had gotten this for free my first thought is new reeftank and i have ny heart set out on it now im getting my supply list ready currently im thinking starting out with some T5s for lighting and adding the single extra single hydra i have right now but over time adding in some more LEDS for a hybrid hopefully eventually converting it to full LED from the T5s just because i like the look of the LEDs i have an ATO ready for the tank already and a stand with a canopy i have to get a protein skimmer for it and a large rodi unit i also plan on doing a mainly dry rock cycle for the aquarium only adding some live rock
any ideas for success and supplies i should be looking into?

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a 120g at the end of the month and curious how yours is going? Any surprises when bring it all together? I'm moving up from a 55g so it's a jump but not as big as yours.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.1%
Back