1200 Gallon Lagoon Build Thread

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Because the top unfilled part acts as a brace to hold the tank in place. If the glass only went up 20" along with the water it would have to be euro-braced.
of course! What a great idea. I wonder if people will do this more in their mega builds..... a bit niche though. It does look awesome too

I’m sure we all want to know how much it cost too :)

OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
As the store was continuing the build out, we added the live rock and the water station that hides the filtration. The live rock came from another tank and the frag plugs were removed. That's why there are white circles all over the rocks. Some time had passed and then we added some fish and corals.

Fast forward to Christmas and tank was starting to take shape including a 9 year mangrove from Julian Sprung of Two Little Fishies.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Upon first read I was thinking to help keep hands out of it. I really have no idea thought but that is what crossed my mind when I saw the height.

There is a rope barrier preventing people from getting too close. Visibility is not impacted though.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There is a rope barrier preventing people from getting too close. Visibility is not impacted though.
Sounds good. The last thing they would need is to have people (both children and adults alike) trying to touch :)

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 260 36.7%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 318 44.9%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 88 12.4%

Online statistics

Members online