1200 Gallon Lagoon Build Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. You could go swimming in that thing! What kind of fish are you planning to keep in it? A whale? Lol

LOL! Here are some of the fish that are currently in the tank. We plan to add a lot more in the future.

WCS00038.JPG

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this is what my crack dealer looks like! Hey Frank! Can't wait to make the trip from California to visit you guys once this is all over! Its the carrot at the end of the stick.

You need to see it in person. Let us know so we can give you a tour.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won’t the mangrove need a nutritional substrate to survive long term?

So far Julian Sprung has been successful in keeping mangroves long term. We are following his methods with this 9 year old mangrove that came from him.

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've set this tank in person, the pictures don't do it justice. If you're ever in the area, it's a must see. Plus, the folks that work there are very nice!

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! tank is amazing! how do you manage flow with is being a lagoon and so BIG!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! tank is amazing! how do you manage flow with is being a lagoon and so BIG!

Thank you. The flow is on the lower side compared to our other tanks. We have the returns from the main pump and 4 MP60s. We would like to add 2 more MP60s to increase the flow in the front of the tank.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see it in person. I have a question on your lighting. I followed the link to your 75gallon radion schedule to use on my similar setup. I installed the template and it was set to 100%. Is that really what you run on that 75?

I know they recently updated it. Some of the individual channels are set to 100%, but the overall setting for the fixture is set to 75%.

joshbrinzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to drive up again soon. I was absolutely blown away when I got to see this thing the first time. It's one of the coolest tanks around and is just insane to see in person. Keep it going, I love seeing the growth on this beauty!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you guys have to jump in there and prune back those corals? If I worked there I'd be volunteering to clean that thing everyday!!

I know what you mean. It’s easy to want to hop in there daily. There’s usually someone in there every week to service the tank. For checking on corals, adding frags or moving stuff around that’s every 2 weeks or so.

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Lagoon tanks are my favorite to peek in to. Do you have any pics showing your canopy build, or can you explain how the Radions are secured to it?

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

New Video on the tank-join us as we take you on a detailed journey of one of our newest reef tank creations, the WWC 1200 Gallon Mangrove Lagoon Tank. This tank is located right by the entrance of the new World Wide Corals Orlando Superstore and definitely gives visitors to the store a "WOW Factor" upon arrival!!! Visit our web site www.WorldWideCorals.com

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just one of those builds that are rare to come across. Run by an incredibly passionate team and just an absolutely unique build! You guys really are at the pointy head of the hobby and we all love you for it!! <3 :D

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video of the tank. It snowed in the Chicago area today so this is just what I needed! Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Lagoon tanks are my favorite to peek in to. Do you have any pics showing your canopy build, or can you explain how the Radions are secured to it?

You can see the canopy a little better in the photos above. The radions sit in cut out channels in the canopy. We can slide them around if we need to target a certain area in the tank.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back