1200 Gallon Lagoon Build Thread

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We just installed the Radion XR30 G5 Pros over the lagoon tank. FTS coming soon.

Looks nice. Let us see rough math at hobbyist cost puts that upgrade at a tick over 10k not including taxes. However I'd wager you received a discount or sponsor / donation :)

In any case it is a nice clean setup. Keep up the great work. Oh, also hats off to making that special request video for the lad a few posts back. Pretty nice of you.

Hope you all have an amazing day.

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Here are a couple photos from today:

Awesome! I have a few questions if you don't mind. Can inbox if you prefer.
What type of lights? wattage each? Spacing and height over tank?
Could the water level be raised 12'' on this type build or would thicker be required?
Approximate cost of materials for tank,stand, sump, plumping? not including anything in tank, pumps, lights etc

I could see one in my future, few finch and orchids in the mangroves, higher hill of rock.

OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome! I have a few questions if you don't mind. Can inbox if you prefer.
What type of lights? wattage each? Spacing and height over tank?
Could the water level be raised 12'' on this type build or would thicker be required?
Approximate cost of materials for tank,stand, sump, plumping? not including anything in tank, pumps, lights etc

I could see one in my future, few finch and orchids in the mangroves, higher hill of rock.
Hi, there are 13 Radion XR30 Pro G5 lights. They are about 5 feet above the water and we evenly spaced them according to the dimensions of the canopy. It is setup for a mixed reef to get an even lighting spread. The power consumption is 215 watts per fixture according to EcoTech, but keep in mind they are not run at 100% output.

You would most likely need thicker glass and/or bracing to raise the water level that high. Send us a message with your email and we can contact you with pricing.

Reaction score
Once the tank was assembled and given time for the silicone to cure, it was time to add the sand and water. In general, our previous display tanks have mostly been high flow and BB so this lagoon is unlike anything we have had before.

Looks like an indoor ocean oasis! Y'all could swim in that tank

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 68 46.3%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 26 17.7%

Online statistics

Members online