1200 Gallon Lagoon Build Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just installed the Radion XR30 G5 Pros over the lagoon tank. FTS coming soon.

Lagoon_G5_2.jpg

Lagoon_G5_1.jpg

bdehlin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is absolutely stunning! Looking forward to watching that video on the TV later on this evening!

U

User1

View Badges
We just installed the Radion XR30 G5 Pros over the lagoon tank. FTS coming soon.

Lagoon_G5_2.jpg

Lagoon_G5_1.jpg

Looks nice. Let us see rough math at hobbyist cost puts that upgrade at a tick over 10k not including taxes. However I'd wager you received a discount or sponsor / donation :)

In any case it is a nice clean setup. Keep up the great work. Oh, also hats off to making that special request video for the lad a few posts back. Pretty nice of you.

Hope you all have an amazing day.

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple photos from today:

Mangrove_1.jpg

Mangrove_2.jpg

Coral_1.jpg

Fish_2.jpg
Awesome! I have a few questions if you don't mind. Can inbox if you prefer.
What type of lights? wattage each? Spacing and height over tank?
Could the water level be raised 12'' on this type build or would thicker be required?
Approximate cost of materials for tank,stand, sump, plumping? not including anything in tank, pumps, lights etc

I could see one in my future, few finch and orchids in the mangroves, higher hill of rock.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I have a few questions if you don't mind. Can inbox if you prefer.
What type of lights? wattage each? Spacing and height over tank?
Could the water level be raised 12'' on this type build or would thicker be required?
Approximate cost of materials for tank,stand, sump, plumping? not including anything in tank, pumps, lights etc

I could see one in my future, few finch and orchids in the mangroves, higher hill of rock.

Hi, there are 13 Radion XR30 Pro G5 lights. They are about 5 feet above the water and we evenly spaced them according to the dimensions of the canopy. It is setup for a mixed reef to get an even lighting spread. The power consumption is 215 watts per fixture according to EcoTech, but keep in mind they are not run at 100% output.

You would most likely need thicker glass and/or bracing to raise the water level that high. Send us a message with your email and we can contact you with pricing.

ZooMontana88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the tank was assembled and given time for the silicone to cure, it was time to add the sand and water. In general, our previous display tanks have mostly been high flow and BB so this lagoon is unlike anything we have had before.

42.jpg

43.jpg

48.jpg

53.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
Looks like an indoor ocean oasis! Y'all could swim in that tank

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad you asked that. We are working on a video showing the par numbers for the G4’s and G5’s over this tank. Stay tuned...
Awesome looking forward to seeing the video. Incredible tank.

Back