120G 4x2 Stocking

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original plans of using an existing 6 ft 125 for a new reef tank has slightly been adjusted.

Current Plan is using a 4x2 120g for my reef assuming it doesnt change too much OR putting the fish in the 125 into the 120 and then using the 125 for the reef tank.

If I were to use the 120 would I have to adjust my stocking plans i had for the 125 ?

Clownfish Pair
Watchman goby
Sandsifting Goby
Scopas Tang
Lawnmower Benny
Royal Gramma
McCosker's Wrasse - Paracheilinus Mccoskeri
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse - Cirrhilabrus Solorensis
Adorned Wrasse
Dracula Goby

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to use the 120 would I have to adjust my stocking plans i had for the 125 ?

Are you asking about nutrient load or fish compatibility? Your stocking list in regard to quantity will be limited by your ability to export nutrients.

The gobies and blenny will stay in the lower third of the tank, the clowns will hide in the corner overflow. I would add a group of 8-10 blue/green chromis or other type of shoaling fish. Not so sure about having three gobies and a blenny in the same system. The blenny will likely get aggressive and take out the gobies.

OP
OP
BillB83

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you asking about nutrient load or fish compatibility? Your stocking list in regard to quantity will be limited by your ability to export nutrients.

The gobies and blenny will stay in the lower third of the tank, the clowns will hide in the corner overflow. I would add a group of 8-10 blue/green chromis or other type of shoaling fish. Not so sure about having three gobies and a blenny in the same system. The blenny will likely get aggressive and take out the gobies.
More curious about the compatibility and if reducing the tank length by 2 feet 33% would effect any of the fish. The bio-load should be fine. Tank will have a 36" trigger sump and a Reef octo protein skimmer. I care a lot more about coral than i do fish so i tried to pick fish that had utility over anything else other than the wrasse but they are just cool

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back