120G Hot Swap

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rewind back to the late fall, early winter of 2017. I upgraded my 75g tank to a Aqueon 120g. I purchased "The Package" from TBS and life was good. The transfer from one tank to the other went smoothly since one tank was in one room and the new tank in another. Now fast forward to late September - early October of 2020. I had been noticing salt creep along the bottom frame of my tank. I attributed it to fish splashing. I would clean it but it would return pretty quickly. One day I took a can of compressed air and blew it along the frame and the glass. WATER!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

My heart sank. Fortunately the Aqueon tank had a lifetime warranty on it. I contacted Aqueon and got the ball rolling. The Aqueon rep and the store I bought the tank from were great. Who would have thought that a virus with a 99.6% survival rate would cause a glass shortage? I sure didn't! The store was constantly placing an order for my new tank with 3 different suppliers. Not a 120 to be found. I kept saying my prayers that the leak wouldn't get any worse, luckily it didn't.

Fast forward to the first part of April. I called the store to see if they had gotten me a tank yet. Nope. They were as frustrated as I was. I asked if there was any chance that I could get refunded on the tank and was told "possibly". Two days later I was told that they were refunding me the price of the tank! I immediately placed an order with SC Aquariums for a 120 drilled for the Synergy overflow. This past Tuesday it arrived! I've been making RO water this week and getting plumbing parts and such. My son is helping me move the tanks tomorrow so hopefully everything goes well. If you are the praying type, please say one for me. If not, cross your fingers for me!

20210420_120522.jpg

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the same tank as you except a 150g. Had mine up and going for about 2ish months now. Have to update my build thread at some point. Great value and quality tank. Couldn’t have been more pleased with the sca.

Back