125 gallon 6ft tank wave maker question

  • Thread starter Thread starter BEN young
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BEN young

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6ft tank with dual corner overflows and 2 return pumps,1 in each corner that spits the water out of 2 heads in each corner. I bought some cheap wavemakers off ebay that arweway too powerful for my tank. So my question is what size wavemakers should i add and where should i position them in my tank. Thanks :)
 
I have a similar setup and I run twin Jebao RW-8s and find they are more than adequate for my tank. I do run a small powerhead behind my rocks for additional circulation back there.
 
So i may not need the powerheads in the tank, just the returns up top? My 2 return pumps are 1050 gph each
 
I actually run the powerheads up top because when I lower them in the tank, I get sandstorms. Lol

I don't know what kind of return pumps you are running, but I seriously doubt they are enough by themselves.
 
I am getting mini tornados with the ones i have in there now. I have one on each end of the tank directed twords the top as well but either i have them placed wrong or they are too strong
 
I have a single rw15 mounted right wall center set on only 3 and keeps a standing wave in my 6fter
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new