125 gallon corner tank- Cichlids

Marika

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of starting a cichlid tank. I have a 125 gallon corner unit. I'll be using an FX6 filter, diamond blast substrate and Carib Sea Life rock. I'm leaning towards an all male tank. I'm okay with some aggression and the plan is to have a separate tank just in case I have some fish that get overly aggressive and I have to rehome them. I would love to do an all male mbuna and/or peacock tank. Any adivse/suggestions would be appreciated. I'm also looking for stock suggestions if you have any ideas. Side note. I have holes I need to plug from where the sump used to be. Any ideas where I can purchase some bulkheads???

Tank.JPG

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a saltwater forum. While there are probably plenty of people here who could answer your question, you're better off posting this to a freshwater forum. You would get more answers there. Looks like a cool tank though!

OP
OP
M

Marika

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gill. I wasn't sure if this would be the right place. I'll try searching around for a freshwater forum :)

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem. Try this one - https://www.cichlid-forum.com/

I've used it in the past when I kept cichlids. Someone might chime in here as well with some information, you never know.

For bulkheads I usually buy from Bulk Reef Supply or find some on amazon. Not sure if the holes will be visible, but Ive covered holes before by siliconing a piece of glass over the hole.

OP
OP
M

Marika

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem. Try this one - https://www.cichlid-forum.com/

I've used it in the past when I kept cichlids. Someone might chime in here as well with some information, you never know.

For bulkheads I usually buy from Bulk Reef Supply or find some on amazon. Not sure if the holes will be visible, but Ive covered holes before by siliconing a piece of glass over the hole.
Thanks this is helpful. I'll check that forum out. I bought some bulkheads off of amazon, so I'm hoping they'll work. I bought some from Aquarium Depot, but they don't have caps on them, so they won't work. Didn't notice that when I bought them.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back