125 gallon upgrade

Guynamedfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
199
Reaction score
26
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of upgrading tanks and I was curious I have a canister filter that’s a 525 and a 100 gallon protein skimmer I was also going to get a backup filter which has 400 gph could that work also it would be a predator tank is that enough gph or no
 
I was thinking of upgrading tanks and I was curious I have a canister filter that’s a 525 and a 100 gallon protein skimmer I was also going to get a backup filter which has 400 gph could that work also it would be a predator tank is that enough gph or no
While it’s doable, canisters must be maintained regularly to properly keep tank parameters in check and prevent nitrates from rising quickly
 
Upvote 0
Is this a reef tank or fish only? I have two tidal 100's and a fluval fx6 on my 180 fish only aquarium. As long as you dont mind cleaning them every week they provide massive filtration for dirty fish.
 
Upvote 0
Ok it’s a fish only it’s a predator so like I have the stock list it would be v tail grouper x2 blue jaw trigger pair snowflake eel and scopas tang and like 1 other fish but anyways ya I could do a normal filter cleaning once a week I might get a tank with a sump I haven’t figured it out yet I might run tank with a sump a canister a 100 gallon skimmer and a 400 gph submersible filter I don’t know yet but that was the main plan but I don’t know yet
 
Upvote 0
Ok it’s a fish only it’s a predator so like I have the stock list it would be v tail grouper x2 blue jaw trigger pair snowflake eel and scopas tang and like 1 other fish but anyways ya I could do a normal filter cleaning once a week I might get a tank with a sump I haven’t figured it out yet I might run tank with a sump a canister a 100 gallon skimmer and a 400 gph submersible filter I don’t know yet but that was the main plan but I don’t know yet
sounds overstocked. Tail groupers need like 180 gallons, scopas tangs are around the same, snowflakes should be okay.

TangPolice.jpg.8f7000b221c9c1567bed02a8b6b6a924.jpg
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new