125 reef tank

Bobby v

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still finalizing plans and trying figure everything out. My goal is to start a tank this October maybe November. At this time I am planning on 125 gal tank with coral and fish. New to saltwater so completely open to suggested posts to read or advice in general. Here is my plan so far:

I know the upfront cost is doable from what I've seen. Does anyone have rough range monthly expenses with food included? Seen some range for electric. I know this certainly varies.

Protein skimmers seem to be recommended, but I have seen reference to using only refugium. Is there reason not to do both? Or one easier method to start with?

Anyone able recommend fish? Thinking couple tang, couple angelfish, thinking cardinal fish, chromis, and clown fish. Hoping for variety crabs snails shrimp.

I have lost equipment I'll post and see what people think
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new