125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a wall hammer and it's one of my favorite pieces. I understand the problem with them though.
"IF" not saying it will happen. If you can keep a healthy system, an eye on equipment from malfunctions, they're a solid coral to have. 1 element goes out of whack.
i lost my old wall frogspawn to heater malfunction. 20 heads of a frog spawn, elegance coral. Had i even .. anyhow..

Seems like you're system is pretty well kept. I imagine if you were like some of the other reefers out there whos willing to test fragging walls. Yours would thrive right after.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
"IF" not saying it will happen. If you can keep a healthy system, an eye on equipment from malfunctions, they're a solid coral to have. 1 element goes out of whack.
i lost my old wall frogspawn to heater malfunction. 20 heads of a frog spawn, elegance coral. Had i even .. anyhow..

Seems like you're system is pretty well kept. I imagine if you were like some of the other reefers out there whos willing to test fragging walls. Yours would thrive right after.
I've had it for over a year now, maybe in a few more years I might try it.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had it for over a year now, maybe in a few more years I might try it.
Personal opinion, once they get so big, fragging might be the best option to preserve in our tanks. I've only seen elegance, bubble coral getting the wet saw treatment. I guess wallhammers and frogs grow slower, or little success rate on keeping them long enough

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Personal opinion, once they get so big, fragging might be the best option to preserve in our tanks. I've only seen elegance, bubble coral getting the wet saw treatment. I guess wallhammers and frogs grow slower, or little success rate on keeping them long enough
It's about the size of a softball right now.(Sorry all out of bananas)
1000008846.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Almost looks like my poto highlighter. My highlighters purdy lemon/limey though.
It's a little lighter in color than a year ago, I think it's my lighting. They like to eat also, found out when I drop a piece of shrimp on it while feeding the RFAs. It sucked it in faster than a apple watch in the toilet.
chicken nuggets toilet GIF

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The alve, yes!
The wall frogs, pass. Just as difficult to save as wall hammer coral if infection occurs.
if I ever find another wall hammer I’m buying it. But I know the key to getting it healthy is who I buy from. It would be nice if I could find one locally.

The last frog wall I saw at the LFS had some issues.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a little lighter in color than a year ago, I think it's my lighting. They like to eat also, found out when I drop a piece of shrimp on it while feeding the RFAs. It sucked it in faster than an apple watch in the toilet.
chicken nuggets toilet GIF
The wall I had before I moved could eat like a champ! I was shocked! They got large mouths. I know I will find one again it would probably be better to wait till after the new tank settles anyway

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
if I ever find another wall hammer I’m buying it. But I know the key to getting it healthy is who I buy from. It would be nice if I could find one locally.

The last frog wall I saw at the LFS had some issues.
I got mine from SBB, but he hasn't had any in over a year.

Getting a healthy specimen, not a freshly chopped one, where I have no clue.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back